Best Metal Act finalists announced for INDIES Awards (Canada)

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
Best Metal Act finalists announced for INDIES Awards (Canada
The finalist nominees were announced yesterday for Best Metal Act/Group at the 2010 INDIES Awards in Canada. The 5 Canadian bands that made the cut are:

FAVOURITE METAL ARTIST/GROUP
3 Inches Of Blood (Roadrunner Records)
Augury (Sonic Unyon)
Protest The Hero (Underground Operations)
Sacrifice (Sonic Unyon)
Voivod (Sonic Unyon)

Congrats to all the bands!

http://www.indies.ca/nominees-winners/

:cool:

Well, the Junos are a joke, so at least this is something, eh? Not entirely sure how "indie" Voivod are, but hey. Drop Sacrifice and stick Woods in there, IMO :p

To me, this kinda feels like they had the "David Gold Awards", and didn't include me. But, not just WOODS and I, there are other worthy 'indies' in Canada, much more 'indy' than VOIVOD with a Metallica member, and even Augury on Nuclear Blast, etc... Give them an award for "Best Metal band signed to a Label", but at least give us a shot at those 'indie' awards. I mean, we've been 'indy', doing this for 8+ years already... It would be nice to win one of those $50 Canadian Tire gift certificates so we can get an oil change for the band van.

To me, this kinda feels like they had the "David Gold Awards", and didn't include me. But, not just WOODS and I, there are other worthy 'indies' in Canada, much more 'indy' than VOIVOD with a Metallica member, and even Augury on Nuclear Blast, etc... Give them an award for "Best Metal band signed to a Label", but at least give us a shot at those 'indie' awards. I mean, we've been 'indy', doing this for 8+ years already... It would be nice to win one of those $50 Canadian Tire gift certificates so we can get an oil change for the band van.

Very true. Just because those bands aren't on Sony Records, doesn't really make them that independant. Even a band like Cauldron, who are on Earache seem to be a lot more deserving of an "indie" award than most of the bands listed.

Hey, Sean from Sonic Unyon Records and Distribution writing.
I just wanted to mention that I submitted four bands to the INDIES for Best Metal Group nominations - Augury, Sacrifice, Voivod and Woods of Ypres. 3 of these four have albums on Sonic Unyon in Canada, the fourth is distributed by Sonic Unyon in Canada.
Out of those four, three were made finalists. I don't know why WoY didn't make the cut, you'd have to ask the show producers, but I did make the effort.

If anyone is wondering, VOIVOD won.

Thanks,

Sean / Sonic Unyon

Hey, Sean from Sonic Unyon Records and Distribution writing.
I just wanted to mention that I submitted four bands to the INDIES for Best Metal Group nominations - Augury, Sacrifice, Voivod and Woods of Ypres. 3 of these four have albums on Sonic Unyon in Canada, the fourth is distributed by Sonic Unyon in Canada.
Out of those four, three were made finalists. I don't know why WoY didn't make the cut, you'd have to ask the show producers, but I did make the effort.

If anyone is wondering, VOIVOD won.

Thanks,

Sean / Sonic Unyon

Hello Sean!

First off, welcome to the WOODS forum!

Secondly, I was JUST (maybe 30 minutes before reading this post) discussing these 'INDIES' awards with Natalie ZW...

We do appreciate it! It would have been cool to get recognized this year of course, but... there's always next year. :kickass:

Thanks as always man! It's nice to know that you tried!

DG - \w/