Best metal music video of ALL time??

outerone

Alchemy of the Sorcerer
Feb 9, 2006
San Francisco
Since most people were lazy with my youtube video link thread maybe this one will rub you the right way...

So what is the best metal music video of all time? Not a live clip, interview or documentary, a music video meant to promote a certain song.

I will nominate the Dimmu Borgir video for Serpentine Offer, a solid killer metal video. Not artsy, lots of sword, darkness, flames all the elements...

One of the worst ones that come to mind is the Opeth video for Grand Conjuration, I was just so disappointed when they had that damn chick rolling around, killed the video. I expected a lot more from Opeth, they are not the cliche mtal video group, they need something more artsy.

Probably Metallica's One.

Some good ones that come immediately to mind are Smack My Bitch Up by Prodigy, Bullet by Creed, Brothers In Arms and Money For Nothing by Dire Straits.

Immortal- Call of the Wintermoon

but seriously now, I'd have to go with Enslaved- Isa

Accept-Balls to the Wall *the BEST,hands down*

my serious list:
Pantera-Planet Caravan (tripped out)
Agalloch-Not Unlike The Waves(song is cut short, but very atmospheric)
GNR-November Rain (am I allowed)
...and good call food for the gods on Sepultura-Territory (I remember Lovin' that vid on The Ball when I was 14yrs.old:kickass:)

plenty more, just cant think

wtf guys, Dimmu Borgir video for The Serpentine Offering sucks ass

Its a damn good video if you dont take it so seriously. Its not an amazing piece artistic cinema but its fun. Its got total metal elements, fire, swords, darkness, killing, and the best... those evil metal warriors at the end. But you have to take it for face value, its fun and enjoyable to watch.

Yeh.. Sadly i have to agree with you really.. However i am just not a fan of music videos full stop.

There are some amazing music videos out there and music videos have launched the careers of some amazing modern film makers.
Heres a few to look at:

Radiohead- Fade Out: (directed by Jonathan Glaser)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N50O3gGZSF8

Sigur Ros- Untitled #1 (directed by Floria Sigismondi)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBdwo-J72RU

Foo Fighters -Everwood (directed by Spike Jonze)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHdwZCVZmg8

But unfortunately none of these masters of music video have directed a video for a metal band.

oh! so the secret to liking dimmu borgir is to "not take them seriously" :)

Sure why not. I love the band but I never take them seriously, well their image i dont take seriously, the music I do. (Im not saying this about you) but some people get too caught up in the image of the band and what they say instead of the music.

The song is Everlong, not Everwood.

The only reason i'd watch a music video is to listen to the music really, and to hope that it can possibly bring some further understanding of the artist's vision. A fair few times, this is not the case.

I'm sure there are some videos i do like.. but none sprout from my mind.