BEST Metal Tour(s) you've seen/followed?

Slayer and Testament together for Seasons and Souls..that absolutely kicked sooooo much ass! My two favs on the same venue!

Iron Maiden and Anthrax Persistance..and I'm not sure what Maiden tour it was...but it was a killer show!

Slayer and Judas Priest, South of Heaven and Ram it Down

I know this is not metal...but I have to mention it..since it was the BEST concert Ive ever seen!!!!! Best drummer and best Bass player EVER!!

RUSH, Vapor Trails tour this summer at the Gorge

:OMG: <----this was me when they opened with Tom Sawyer!!

OK...

In Flames and Nevermore
Testament and Vio-Lence
Clash of the Titans
Metallica, Master of Puppets tour

Oh my...there are mant many more...but those stick out the most right now

:D

As far as favorite tours go, there's way too many to list.

As far as following, I went to see the TestAmenT / Forbidden tour 3 nights in a row once a few years ago. Hung out with Forbidden, it was very cool!
I usually try to hit as many shows when a band is on tour that I can!

1- Clash of the Titans (yes , I was there !) it was in Costa Mesa @ the Ampitheater 1991 , wish i could have seen it when testament played, i think those dates where in europe only.

2- Testament , Low , Demonic , and Gathering Tours. (Was at all the LA shows) my favorite show where I had the most fun was @ The Galaxy in Orange county on the Demonic Tour... The band sounded amazing. Ears were ringing for a week.

3- Pantera / White Zombie Hollywood Paladium either 92 or 93

these are just off the top of my head that stick out as me having a good time.

hey hiddenlegions, I was at the same clash of the titans show. Im bummed too coz I had tix for the san bernadino show, but traded them for the costa mesa show coz it was closer. If I had known they'd be using the footage from the SB show, I'd have driven out there for it :bah:

Hey Bob,

Yeah dude, that show was amazing. I remember at the time my buddies and I were going , "Alice In Chains sucks!! , SLAYER!!" hahahah , kinda funny cause now I don't mind listening to AIC every now and then. We had tickets in the middle section dead center with the stage but went back to the lawn from time to time.

After a while it got so violent with basically the whole lawn being a big pit we had to get out of there and back to our seats! :lol: I just remember during Angel of Death, the whole place went psycho ..... that's long before the internet and people being burned out on 1,000 bands flooding the market. There was just this energy in the air I'll never forget. I also remember Megadeth not being that loud and every chanting through the first 5 songs "LOUDER!!!" Man, what I'd give to have a bootleg of that show.......

Originally posted by hiddenlegions
After a while it got so violent with basically the whole lawn being a big pit we had to get out of there and back to our seats! :lol: I just remember during Angel of Death, the whole place went psycho .....

That's so funny! I saw it in Portland at the Coliseum (sp?) and when Slayer ripped into their infamous trio of songs they do at every concert from Reign in Blood all hell broke loose! There was seating on the floor and all of a sudden partial rows of seats all bolted together started to fly through the air! I was right down there and was a little scared! Pretty soon the entire 20 row section was cleared out and there was this huge pit! Security had no idea what the hell to do so they just started stacking the broken chair sections in a huge pile and trying to keep the hundreds of people from the seats behind from rushing the stage! That was CRAZY!! I didn't know that Testament was on that bill for some of the shows.....I liked Alice in Chains at the time..really the only thing good to come out of the "grunge" era as far as I was concerned anyway..I'm glad I got to see them. Woulda rather seen Testament...but AIC was ok..

soulfly & pantera was good.white zombie & fear factory kicked ass on halloween night(but monster magnet sucked) & pantera,anthrax & coal chamber rocked.but the loudest show was slayer.wow,the bass rumbled thru the whole arena.it was like a full body message.never will be able 2 c testament since they dont come 2 maine but cant blame them.the metal scene has pretty much died & taken over by pop & rap

Testament and Iron Maiden
Testament and Annihilator

I've seen all of the Testament tours from Practice through Demonic. They didn't come to Atlanta on The Gathering tour. I haven't seen a bad Testament show yet though!

Originally posted by hiddenlegions

2- Testament , Low , Demonic , and Gathering Tours. (Was at all the LA shows) my favorite show where I had the most fun was @ The Galaxy in Orange county on the Demonic Tour... The band sounded amazing. Ears were ringing for a week.

This reminds me, one of these Testament shows that I mentioned was on the LOW tour , and guess who the opener was @ The Troubadour that night....... ???

KORN, yes , KORN opened for Testament. There were people just waiting for this "new band" (lol) to get off so that Testament could play. :lol: Korn didn't go over that well that night. No one was into it at all. Funny how they went on to become one of the biggest bands ever. I remember talking to Greg Christian while Korn was playing and kind of ignoring the band. Funny .....

The Aardschok day in 1986 here in The Netherlands.

Laaz Rockit
Crimson Glory [with Midnight of course]
Celtic Frost
Metal Church [Best gig I ever saw!!]
Metallica

I was more dead than alive when I got back home :headbang: