Best of 2010 so far?

FoliorumViridum

New Metal Member
Jul 14, 2010
Basically, I've been too busy for music this year. Barely listened to anything. What's been the best releases in the last 7 months? I trust Woods fans. :)

BANDS I LIKE: Woods (duh), Agalloch, Isis, Porcupine Tree, Buckethead, Opeth, Sunn O))) etc etc.

So yeah, as many suggestions as possible would be appreciated. Thanks! :D

Hmmm. So far my discovery of 2010 is In Mourning. Their new album Monolith is a fucking masterpiece. Very similar to Opeth, but more swedeath.

Apart from that, the new Eluveitie is really good if you like folk metal, and Coheed and Cambria have a new album out. Ihsahn's third solo album is absolutely fucking stunning and Orphaned Land's Mabool too. Not metal, but Pendulum have a new album and they have a really nice track featuring Steven Wilson and another one with In Flames.

The best metal album of 2010 is Heliocentric by The Ocean. If you love progressive metal, do yourself a lifetime of favor and pick up this album and their catalogue of releases.

http://www.myspace.com/theoceancollective

And my personal favorite from the album:

I go back and forth between this album, and Taproot's new album Plead The Fifth as my overall album of the year. Other notables worth purchase are Diamond Eyes by Deftones, Mechanize by Fear Factory, The Obsidian Conspiracy by Nevermore, Korn III - Remember Who You Are by Korn, and Circle The Wagons by Darkthrone. There's many more I'm still catching up to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely the new Overkill
the new Danzig is also an excellent and surprising disc-- I'd written him off years ago but the new disc has gotten many, many spins from me.

Ikuinen Kaamos

Svarti loghin is a good band too..I just wished that their latest album was better produced

Pressure Points...prog death..this song has a great chorus

Solution .45 - amazing debut album progrezzive melodic death metal
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA4_SheHZqM&feature=related[/ame]

Remembrance - Melodic Death Doom -

Last edited by a moderator: