Best of 2014

I'll do it. I'm probably not going to get anything else this year.

Best Albums:
1. Noble Beast - Noble Beast
2. Savage Master - Mask of the Devil

Best EPs/Demos/Less Than Full-Lengths:
1. Demon Bitch - Death is Hanging...
2. Moros Nyx - Rite of Rebellion
3. Walpyrgus - Demo

Best Old Album I Got This Year:
Mithotyn - King of the Distant Forest

Biggest Disappointment:
Gamma Ray - Empire of the Undead

The two main 2014 releases I haven't gotten yet are Apostle of Solitude and Doomocracy

Top albums:
Grave Digger - Return of the Reaper
Riot V - Unleash the Fire
Medieval Steel - Dark Castle
Below - Across the Dark River

Growers:
BlackFinger - ST
The Skull - For Those Which Are Asleep

Singles:
The Skull - Sometime Yesterday Mourning
MetalUSAfer - Heavy Metal Hammer 7"
(I can get passed the absurd lyrics due to the speed and intensity of the tunes. Was even better live)

Disappointments:
High Spirits - You Are Here
( I know this will get boo's from this crowd but it's really weak and seems to lack energy. I listened to it again today in fact as I was thinking of this thread)
Unisonic - For the Kingdom EP
(Didn't have the groove I felt from the debut full length. Didn't make me want to seek out the 2nd full length. Something I might pick up used if I see it)

(Didn't have the groove I felt from the debut full length. Didn't make me want to seek out the 2nd full length. Something I might pick up used if I see it)

I guess it depends what you like. I thought the first album was dull. The new EP got me motivated to listen to the new album, which is fantastic.

The two main 2014 releases I haven't gotten yet are Apostle of Solitude and Doomocracy

Top albums:
Grave Digger - Return of the Reaper
Riot V - Unleash the Fire
Medieval Steel - Dark Castle
Below - Across the Dark River

Growers:
BlackFinger - ST
The Skull - For Those Which Are Asleep

Singles:
The Skull - Sometime Yesterday Mourning
MetalUSAfer - Heavy Metal Hammer 7"
(I can get passed the absurd lyrics due to the speed and intensity of the tunes. Was even better live)

Disappointments:
High Spirits - You Are Here
( I know this will get boo's from this crowd but it's really weak and seems to lack energy. I listened to it again today in fact as I was thinking of this thread)

I have the new Apostle of Solitude on the way.

MetalUSAfer is supposed to be the chessiest of cheese lyrics, its Metalucifer worship. So its not absurd lyrics.

First off Manowar isn't one of my fav bands at all.
But yes I do like them a lot.
Tho there are a lot of bands who can get away with things as innovators as opposed to followers.
Sorry. Deal with it.

I have the new Apostle of Solitude on the way.

MetalUSAfer is supposed to be the chessiest of cheese lyrics, its Metalucifer worship. So its not absurd lyrics.

Ok. I might get the AoS from you.
Haven't priced it around.

Yeah. I know the purpose of MetalUSAfer.
I was clarifying that usually I don't care for those type of lyrics but the music itself is great and was a blast live.
(In general I like that style better live, IE - skull fist)

I guess it depends what you like. I thought the first album was dull. The new EP got me motivated to listen to the new album, which is fantastic.

I liked the first one because it was a very easy to listen to hard rock album.
Yeah. I know the Pat's of the world like the newer stuff that was obviously written with more input from Kai. I am not saying it is bad. I still may get the full length sometime. Just found the EP to be what you would generically expect from the players as opposed to the first one which was something a bit different (well. I guess not so much different for Kiske in recent years)

Sorry. It's weak.
Don't care if you don't agree.

c63e391a_24313783.jpeg

WTF you talking about????
Just stating I don't give a rats ass if someone doesn't agree with me.

If we all agreed what would be the point in doing the thread?

I don't care if you don't like it or not. It's more the tone you've had today that has made you come off super angry, and I figured I'd just poke some more fun at you in jest. Dude, relax.

Though I never listened to the EP, I had the same reactions to the full-lengths. The second one is a big improvement over the debut, though it's not quite good enough to make my best of 2014 list.