Best Opeth Song Moment

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
I think my favorite Opeth song moment would be the final 5 minutes of "Deliverance". That repetative rhythm entrances me every time I hear it. I can't get enough of it. Sounded amazing live. Reminds me of something Zero Hour would do.

2:26 of A Fair Judgement.... when he shreds out of that lead melody. Musical orgasm there every time. I think Opeth need more of that kinda stuff in their music... in the vein of Epilogue.

5:38 of The Twilight is My Robe... the build-up and the solo.

The 'drama' riff in The Drapery Falls... having recently learned the song, I just get the same kind of tranquility playing that part as I do listening to it. Also the off-beat riff... pretty \m/ haha.

6:45 of The Leper Affinity... when there is a kind of interlude where everything peaks then 'breaks' and it goes back to the first riff.

All solos in The Funeral Portrait.

3:16 of Serenity Painted Death... when it breaks free from all the ugliness and goes into that beautiful lead melody.

The first few seconds of Epilogue, where it fades in and you get to hear those backing chords and the guitar kinda just starts up.

All of For Absent Friends.

5:27 of Master's Apprentices... almost cried when I heard that lead tone.

Last few minutes of Blackwater Park... ultimate prog-metal style riffing.

And so much more... yet I hardly have the time to go over all their songs and I think the list is long enough as is.

Hmmm my favorite moments all take place on MAYH..

The growls on Demon of The Fall after the fast acoustic bit.

The "And I cried" part of When.

The vocals for "The Rain was waving goodbye" and the riff under it on April Ethereal.

Originally posted by Immortality
Hmmm my favorite moments all take place on MAYH..

The growls on Demon of The Fall after the fast acoustic bit.

The "And I cried" part of When.

The vocals for "The Rain was waving goodbye" and the riff under it on April Ethereal.

You've read my fuckin' mind. :eek:

Add, the "Thought I could not leave this place..." section of Godhead's Lament.

The guitar part on Blackrose Immortal and then he sings "I have kept it, the Amaranth symbol, hidden inside the golden shrine"

Advent, "Shadows, skulk at my coming, and so on"

(What can I say, I am a Morningrise freak, always been :D )

13:38 to 14:45 on BRI, pretty much what crimson just said. The riff and the vocals just go ooo so good together.

Second would have to be the last 3 minutes of TNATSW.

I am also a Morningrise freak.

Demon of the Fall: The intro, the part that starts at 1:45 (And you saw nothing...):headbang:, the acoustic bit and the growling after that. This is my favorite Opeth song, so every riff in it is awesome!

Drapery Falls: The part starting at 5:56, where the guitars are half-step apart is very evil.

Serenity Painted Death: The solo and the part which starts at 7:00 (Came with the moon...) are beautiful.

The Funeral Portrait: Every solo!! They're their best solos!!!!!!!

Moonlapse Vertigo: Outro.

The Moor: The "Pale touch, writhing in the embers... " part.

And there's many more, but I think this is enough for this time.

here here, morningrise freak # 3
Also this is off topic , but maybe the morningrise freaks can help me. Why do Mikael and peter hate night and the silent water, I read it on opeth.com somewhere. I love that fuckin song. They both said they don't like it and other shit about it .

Originally posted by icedsymphony
here here, morningrise freak # 3
Also this is off topic , but maybe the morningrise freaks can help me. Why do Mikael and peter hate night and the silent water, I read it on opeth.com somewhere. I love that fuckin song. They both said they don't like it and other shit about it .

Beats me, I think it's amazing, one of the best on Morningrise.

All the moments said are great and I'll add one other one. 0:26 in The Amen Corner where Martin Lopez plays a slick little drum beat. It's sorda catchy. EDIT: Also, 6:00 in April Ethereal when it builds into the nice rhythm.

Outro of The Apostle In Triumph
Transition from acoustics to heavy section in Twilight...
Final section in Nectar (that bass!)
Black Rose Immortal: ...and vanish...
the dramatic crescendo in When
clean vocals in Karma
acoustic section in Godhead's Lament
the extremely brutal section in Serenity Painted Death
Steven's vocals on Bleak
bookend riff in The Drapery Falls
transition from acoustics into the screams on Master's Apprentices
mellotron section on By The Pain...

-the guitar melody at the end of In Mist She Was Standing

-the middle section of A Fair Judgement

-the acoustic guitar beginning of The Moor

the growl session in Karma
6:20 The Amen Corner
last five minutes of Deliverance
"Devious movements in your eyes" - Bleak
"Run away run away run away" - Demon of the Fall
"And I criiiieeeed" - When (even my mom had to admit that part was beautiful)
and much much more :rolleyes: :p

i must say Black Rose Immortal.. It has everything..
splendid..

edit: lol, sorry i thought the threads name was "Favorite opeth song at the moment" :lol: stupid me