Best timelapse ever

Very impressive. Canon 5D is a hell of a cam. Had the pleasure of working with one once. His volcano pictures on facebook are 100% metal.

Very impressive. Canon 5D is a hell of a cam. Had the pleasure of working with one once. His volcano pictures on facebook are 100% metal.

FYI The full seventh season of House was recorded on an EOS 5D Mark II (but presumably with a $3000+ custom lens). No wonder they are talking up its potential for independent filmmaking.

and Mr President approves:

obama-canon-5d.jpg

This is incredible. I could watch that all day and still be blown away by its beauty. The other video 'The Aurora' coupled with one of my favourite compositions of all time is another great movie.

FYI The full seventh season of House was recorded on an EOS 5D Mark II (but presumably with a $3000+ custom lens). No wonder they are talking up its potential for independent filmmaking.

Yesterday me and my wife were watching House, season 7, and we noticed that colours and contrast were different than other seasons... more like a bit of Dragan effect... so mistery solved.

0:30-0:45 is just mind blowing. stunningly beautiful. thanks LeSedna.

just checked out of curiosity, but that cam is @ $2500! way out of my league, but i can see where it's major bang for the buck.

Until this video I was never aware timelapse videos were that easy to shoot. It's just a feature of your camera. Mine (Nikon D80) does not have it but I'm planning to buy a 30$ command that can control the bulb fonction of my D80 and shoot every x second I set it to do. Also, I think there is no need for a $2500 camera, it won't look as good obviously in the night since the difference in terms of captor is obvious, but you can have decent results. Just don' expect it to work outside your house, that guy is above the clouds and in fresh air :lol: And yeah, more and more videos are taken with a camera. Big videocameras are not necessary for all needs today, with the improvement of captors, and you can benefit of the visual awesomeness of a good DSLR camera in video.

Besides that, yeah, very contemplative video. I'm fucking amazed at the cloud dynamics even if I know them well. In real situations, I had a few times when I could see that kind of dynamics in real time because the wind was fast enough to see birth and death of clouds. Also, try this one day : if you are in a warm summer day and you can see a cumulus, follow it with your eyes. If the wind doesn't take it too far, you will see disappear in 30mn if you're lucky.

A cumulonimbus (the biggest one, 30 000 feet high, dark, with heavy rain, thunderstrom, 3000 ft/mn downdraughts etc) appears and dies in 40mn in average. That's just a fucking demonstration of nature's power.

Love the colours too and the little travelling he did, it gives the video more life. I don't know what he used, it seems like a rail that moves the camera automatically or maybe it's just manual.

I fucking love the rotation of the celestial globe, it makes me really feel like standing on a rotating space object.

I think only that season finale episode where House is stucked with a woman on debris of a parking lot, and he refuses to amputate her leg to release her. As it was a very tight space they´ve used the 5D.

My friend has a 5D with a variety of lens (I love the fish eye) and I think the price tag is a bargain for the quality of the product.

As I´ve said, just look at this guy (the author of the time lapse video) pics of the volcano: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.110495335657631.5411.110258449014653
Some amazing concert photos too, like this one from Satyricon: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...a.111095065597658.5663.110258449014653&type=1