Best VST Orchestra and Choir Samples?

spioraid

Fancy a pint? Or two?
May 8, 2008
Centreville, VA
I am in the pre-production process of putting together a documentary, one that requires a motion-picture worthy soundtrack to go along with it.

In your experience and opinion, what have been the best VST orchestras and sampled choirs you've used/heard? If entirely necessary I can dish out the bigger $ but obviously would prefer not to. Right now in my limited sight in looks like I'm after the Garritan Personal Orchestra along with Symphony of Voices.

Of course once I get this documentary done, I can go about writing some symphonic metal :headbang: Anyone listen to Believer way back in the day?

Choir: Record about 10 people singing your stuff in a large hall and thick it up with EWQL Symphonic Choirs. The SC wordbuilder can do some amazing stuff, but at the end it will always keep sounding 'mechanic', so add a few real people and the illusion is complete. Be prepared to edit all the lyrics though, word by word...

Same with the midi orchestra, most of them are pretty ok, but need heavy editing to sound realistic. Vienna is still one of the best, mainly due to their effort to sample the sounds instruments make to travel from one note to the other (transition notes).

This may help to add some realism to those libs: http://www.synful.com/

Combine it with the sampled libs and you'll get some convincing results. Here you also need a serious amount of time for editing (timing, expression).