BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME And DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT Announce 'Transcending The Coma Tour'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Two of progressive metal's most influential bands will join forces for the "Transcending The Coma Tour" this fall: BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME and DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT have plotted a co-headlining run, with FALLUJAH as support. Tickets will be on sale on Friday, May 20 at 10:00am local time online or through local venue ticket outlets; see below for all dates. Sept. 09 - Nashville, TN - Marathon Music Works Sept. 10 - Charleston, SC - Music Farm Sept. 11 - Orlando, FL - The Plaza Sept. 12 - Charlotte, NC - Amos' Southend Sept. 13 - Silver Spring, MD - The Fillmore Silver Spring Sept. 15 - Philadelphia, PA - Theatre Of Living Arts Sept. 16 - New York, NY - Playstation Theater Sept. 17 - Worcester, MA - The Palladium +Sabaton Sept. 21 - Columbus, OH - Newport Music Hall Sept. 22 - Detroit, MI - St. Andrews Hall Sept. 23 - Chicago, IL - House of Blues Sept. 24 - Grand Rapids, MI - The Intersection Sept. 25 - Louisville, KY - Mercury Ballroom Sept. 27 - New Orleans, LA - The Joy Theater Sept. 29 - Dallas, TX - Gas Monkey Live Oct. 05 - San Francisco, CA - The Regency Ballroom Oct. 06 - Los Angeles, CA - The Novo Oct. 07 - Tempe, AZ - The Marquee Oct. 08 - Las Vegas, NV - Brooklyn Bowl (no DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT) Oct. 09 - Sacramento, CA - Ace of Spades Oct. 11 - Boise, ID - Knitting Factory (no DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT) Oct. 12 - Spokane, WA - Knitting Factory Oct. 13 - Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom Oct. 14 - Seattle, WA - Studio Seven BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME will perform its most recent album, "Coma Ecliptic", in its entirety on this tour. This will be the first time the album will be performed live in full. Bassist Dan Briggs offers his thoughts and says: "The songs on 'Coma Ecliptic' came together in 2014 (and some of them even earlier than that), so it feels amazing to finally present the album live in full, the way it was intended to be heard. It's our most theatrical album yet and we'll be looking to bring that element to the stage as best we can; not to mention how great it will be to share the stage with Devin and crew again." "Coma Ecliptic" was, once again, an ambitious concept album for BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME. This time, the story followed the wanderings of an unidentified man, stuck in a coma, as he journeys through his past lives. Each song was its own episode in a modern day, sort of "The Twilight Zone"-esque fashion. The unidentified man enters each world and is offered a choice: stay, or move on to the next in search of something better, something more "perfect."
betweendevintranscendingtourposter2016.jpg

Continue reading...