Beyond Fear - Beyond Fear

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
Beyond Fear - Beyond Fear
SPV USA - SPV 99862 CD - 2006
By Brandon Strader

BeyondFear-BeyondFear.jpg

Tim 'Ripper' Owens is back after working with two highly popular groups: Judas Priest, and Iced Earth. This time, however, he is working with his own material in Beyond Fear which will be a live performing band, as opposed to Owens just doing a simple solo studio recording.

When the first song starts, you know you're in for a treat. Judas Priest seems to have a really deep influence upon Beyond Fear, which, depending on your tastes, may be good or bad. Owens's powerful falsetto will have you addicted as soon as it breaks into the first song, as well as the exciting instrumental performances, though the songwriting does seem a bit too formulaic.

After Priest and Iced Earth, this seems like a step in the right direction for Tim 'Ripper' Owens. At it's core, Beyond Fear is a fantastic heavy metal release that will leave you begging for more!

7.5/10

UM’s Review Rating Scale

Official Tim 'Ripper' Owens Website
Official SPV Website

I just interviewed Tim and yes, he's not only in Iced Earth, but working hard on the next album, which will be a continuation of the "Something Wicked" storyline.

Personally, I like this better than Iced Earth...pure metal with Ripper sounding better than he ever has in his life!:worship:

Well the phrase was vague but I never intended for my statement to sound as though he had left any group - I was just stating that after working with certain groups he has started work on Beyond Fear now. :)