Big Four - Am I Evil?

eppst1

Mar 18, 2002
Ohio
www.eppst1.com
I guess they are putting out a multi-DVD/CD set of the entire show from Bulgaria. Full sets from all 4 bands!! Sounds pretty killer!
:headbang:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_sGYv9Ot1E&feature=featured[/ame]

This is from a Blabbermouth article. I wish you could get the Blu Ray and CDs separately. I guess you can only get the audio CDs if you buy the package with the regular DVD.

"Here's the scoop: The DVD hits the streets on October 15 in Northern Europe, October 18 in most of the rest of the world, October 19 in North America and the full shows from all four bands will be included in the two-disc set along with behind-the-scenes and interview footage. In addition to the two-DVD set and the corresponding Blu-ray, there will be a limited-edition 'super deluxe' box set including the DVD set, five CDs with ALL the music, a 24-page booklet, a poster, photos of each band, and a 'Big Four' guitar pick.

If we are talking about bands from the USA that started it all during the beginnings of Heavy Metal circa 1983-1985, it's obvious to me the "BIG FOUR" should be... (based upon overall popularity, record sales & my personal preference).

1.) Metallica
2.) Dio
3.) Queensryche
4.) Megadeth / Anthrax / Pantera / W.A.S.P. / or Savatage

It's too bad Ronnie & Dimebag are no longer with us.

If we are talking about bands from the USA that started it all during the beginnings of Heavy Metal circa 1983-1985, it's obvious to me the "BIG FOUR" should be... (based upon overall popularity, record sales & my personal preference).

1.) Metallica
2.) Dio
3.) Queensryche
4.) Megadeth / Anthrax / Pantera / W.A.S.P. / or Savatage

It's too bad Ronnie & Dimebag are no longer with us.

It's the Thrash Metal Big Four.

QR are WAY too inconsistent to be on any top list.

As said above, this is BIG 4 of thrash.

Though I like all 4 bands in varying degrees, this is too little too late for me to care one bit.

SLAYER is the only consistent band live and in studio out of the 4.

Actually, no band in the history of music has been more consistent than Queensrÿche:

• Queensrÿche's run from 1983 through 1994 in unmatched by any Metal band, ever. There's not a bad song in the bunch.
  • Queensrÿche's run from 1997 through the present day is unlistenable. However, they have been flawlessly consistent in their creation of horrid music. There's not a good song in the bunch.
That my friend, is a model of stunning consistency.

As for their position in Metal's history, I'd say their run from 1983 through 1994 puts them at #1. Obviously, this is only an opinion. However, with regard to music, that's all there is.

As said above, this is BIG 4 of thrash.

Though I like all 4 bands in varying degrees, this is too little too late for me to care one bit.

SLAYER is the only consistent band live and in studio out of the 4.

Jason, did you just wake up? Look at your first and last sentences there. Thanks for the good chuckle. :lol: But yes, we're definitely talking about of thrash here.

Say what you will about Metallica, but live they're pretty damn consistent. Megadeth is consistent musically but Dave's voice definitely is inconsistent. Slayer is very consistent as you say. You know my opinion on Anthrax. :lol:

Actually, no band in the history of music has been more consistent than Queensrÿche:

• Queensrÿche's run from 1983 through 1994 in unmatched by any Metal band, ever. There's not a bad song in the bunch.
  • Queensrÿche's run from 1997 through the present day is unlistenable. However, they have been flawlessly consistent in their creation of horrid music. There's not a good song in the bunch.

As for their position in Metal's history, I'd say their run from 1983 through 1994 puts them at #1. Obviously, this is only an opinion. However, with regard to music, that's all there is.

This also made me chuckle as it is so true. :lol: However, I will say that when I've seen QR live they usually are pretty damn good.

Here's the setlists in case anyone was wondering.

METALLICA track listing:

01. Creeping Death
02. For Whom The Bell Tolls
03. Fuel
04. Harvester Of Sorrow
05. Fade To Black
06. That Was Just Your Life
07. Cyanide
08. Sad But True
09. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
10. All Nightmare Long
11. One
12. Master Of Puppets
13. Blackened
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. Enter Sandman

Encore:

16. Am I Evil? (with the Big Four)
17. Hit The Lights
18. Seek and Destroy

SLAYER track listing:

01. World Painted Blood
02. Jihad
03. War Ensemble
04. Hate Worldwide
05. Seasons In The Abyss
06. Angel of Death
07. Beauty Through Order
08. Disciple
09. Mandatory Suicide
10. Chemical Warfare
11. South of Heaven
12. Raining Blood

MEGADETH track listing:

01. Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
02. Hangar 18
03. Wake Up Dead
04. Head Crusher
05. In My Darkest Hour
06. Skin O' My Teeth
07. A Tout Le Monde
08. Hook In Mouth
09. Trust
10. Sweating Bullets
11. Symphony Of Destruction
12. Peace Sells/Holy Wars Reprise

ANTHRAX track listing:

01. Caught In A Mosh
02. Got the Time
03. Madhouse
04. Be All, End All
05. Antisocial
06. Indians/Heaven And Hell
07. Medusa
08. Only
09. Metal Thrashing Mad
10. I Am The Law

Here's the setlists in case anyone was wondering.

METALLICA track listing:

01. Creeping Death
02. For Whom The Bell Tolls
03. Fuel
04. Harvester Of Sorrow
05. Fade To Black
06. That Was Just Your Life
07. Cyanide
08. Sad But True
09. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
10. All Nightmare Long
11. One
12. Master Of Puppets
13. Blackened
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. Enter Sandman

Encore:

16. Am I Evil? (with the Big Four)
17. Hit The Lights
18. Seek and Destroy

SLAYER track listing:

01. World Painted Blood
02. Jihad
03. War Ensemble
04. Hate Worldwide
05. Seasons In The Abyss
06. Angel of Death
07. Beauty Through Order
08. Disciple
09. Mandatory Suicide
10. Chemical Warfare
11. South of Heaven
12. Raining Blood

MEGADETH track listing:

01. Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
02. Hangar 18
03. Wake Up Dead
04. Head Crusher
05. In My Darkest Hour
06. Skin O' My Teeth
07. A Tout Le Monde
08. Hook In Mouth
09. Trust
10. Sweating Bullets
11. Symphony Of Destruction
12. Peace Sells/Holy Wars Reprise

ANTHRAX track listing:

01. Caught In A Mosh
02. Got the Time
03. Madhouse
04. Be All, End All
05. Antisocial
06. Indians/Heaven And Hell
07. Medusa
08. Only
09. Metal Thrashing Mad
10. I Am The Law

I would watch that, atleast once, pretty strong setlist.

Am i right in assuming that i am in the minority because i like anthrax?

Hahaha that's great. I completely agree. :)

Simon - Someone mentioned above that QR are top 4 US bands.

Zod - 83 through 94? So up to and including EMPIRE is the greatest and unmatched metal of those years?? WOW, that's quite a bold statement. Fair enough if that is your personal opinion, but you pretty much dismiss the birth of thrash metal with a statement such as that.