Billboard to Honour MAIDEN plus other stuff

Bucko

Apr 15, 2001
Canberra
Visit site
BILLBOARD HONOURS IRON MAIDEN:
Billboard
magazine, the hugely influential New York based weekly "bible" of the international music industry, is set to feature Iron Maiden in a special supplement contained in its May 17 (street date May 10) issue in recognition of the band's continued and increasing North American and global success.
Running 40 pages or more, Billboard magazine will give an overview of Maiden's current "Somewhere Back In Time World Tour," the band and the key people around them, and their illustrious history as one of the world's premier live bands. Issued the same week as their 'Best of' album Somewhere Back in Time (which is out in Canada on May 13), the magazine will also pay Maiden the unique honour of having the front cover Billboard logo in Maiden font style, marking the first time in the magazine's history that it will not have the copyrighted Billboard logo on the cover.
2008 continues to be a very busy year for Iron Maiden. Due to phenomenal ticket demand, the band returns to North America in May and June as the second leg of their 'Somewhere Back In Time World Tour' before returning to Twickenham on July 5 for their only UK show this year. International News media have been fascinated by the breadth of the band's touring and means of travel on the first leg of their tour (on Ed Force One, the unique customized Boeing 757, which contained band, crew and equipment and piloted by vocalist Captain Bruce Dickinson) resulting in news pieces and interviews running on virtually every national News network from the international markets visited, including CTV, Sky, CNN, Fox, ABC and Globo Brazil.
CNN International, one of the World's premier international News broadcasters, traveled with Maiden on Ed Force One in March through Colombia and Brazil to film live and behind the scenes with the band during "Somewhere Back In Time World Tour." The footage will appear both online and on the CNN International TV channel broadcasts of "Revealed," "a monthly profile of some of the worlds most successful, inspirational, creative and influential personalities" (CNN Int).
Maiden marks the first time that "Revealed" has ever covered a group of people rather than an individual, let alone a Rock band, and a Metal one at that. CNN International is available for viewing online from May 10 at
www.cnn.com/revealed.
The Iron Maiden shows in Western Canada sold every available ticket in each market in just four days and the band recently announced that they will be opening the HEAVY MTL event on Saturday, June 21 at Parc Jean-Drapeau in Montreal.
Somewhere Back In Time -- World Tour 08' Canada Summer Tour Dates:
June 3 - Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, BC
June 5 - Pengrowth Saddledome, Calgary, AB
June 6 - Rexall Place, Edmonton, AB
June 8 - Brandt Centre, Regina, SK
June 9 - MTS Centre, Winnipeg, MB
June 21 - Parc Jean-Drapeau, Montreal, PQ
In an unprecedented move to let the younger fans hear, understand and appreciate the quality of the 14 classic 80's tracks from the album Somewhere Back In Time, EMI launch the unique Somewhere Best In Sound promotion which allows new fans to listen to the entire album at high quality WMA, without charge, at their leisure three times before the download expires. The listener is then given a simple option to upgrade and purchase the album as a full download.
Finally, vocalist Bruce Dickinson is renowned for his many talents. As well as flying airliners and hosting his own rock programme for the BBC's Radio 6 digital channel, Bruce has moved into the world of film and has co-written the screenplay for the forthcoming supernatural thriller Chemical Wedding. This will be released theatrically around the UK at the end of May after a special launch at the Cannes Film Festival on May 17. The film stars Simon Callow as Professor Haddo, a reincarnated Aleister Crowley, who was once dubbed "the most evil man in Britain". WebLink:
www.chemicalweddingmovie.com.
For the latest up to date news go to
www.ironmaiden.com.

Good because I've sent an email to my mate in Canada asking him to grab me one, if he can.

I see they have some pic's up of this magazine, I will say they look fucking mad and for only $7

I went to Borders book store here in Canberra and they Stock Billboard , from memoary it was about $18.00 bucks and was april 18th or 19th copy .... so fimgers crossed it don't sell before it reaches OZ