Billboard

Funny how Wilson is mentioned as one of the members, and no trace of Per...
Also, don't you think that leaving out very improtant influences like Entombed and Morbid Angel will leave a new listener in fucking awe at how wrong the site was about this band?!? Imagin a fan of Black Sabbath and Camel listening to Opeth's Deliverance with no prior extreme metal listening experience. It's kind of silly, and even though they are influenced by Black Sabbath, and Camel, let's face it, their music sounds nothing remotely like that seventies style with the exception of a few interludes and Damnation. Kind of silly not to warn a listener that it IS death metal.

Leper_/-\ffinity said:
Also, don't you think that leaving out very improtant influences like Entombed and Morbid Angel will leave a new listener in fucking awe at how wrong the site was about this band?!? Imagin a fan of Black Sabbath and Camel listening to Opeth's Deliverance with no prior extreme metal listening experience. It's kind of silly, and even though they are influenced by Black Sabbath, and Camel, let's face it, their music sounds nothing remotely like that seventies style with the exception of a few interludes and Damnation. Kind of silly not to warn a listener that it IS death metal.
Then you should correct what's written on there

I disagree entirely when you say opeth's style doesnt resemble the 70s sound. Its certainly a lot darker, more extreme and heavier...but the melodies, the textures and the atmosphere made in Opeth cant really be found anywhere else except 70s bands in my opinion. Theres a uniqueness and a charm and character it carries...this was a staple in many 70s bands. Most of it is subtle, and it isnt present in every riff...but the majority of their songs as a whole have the vibe.

suislidE said:
It says charts and awards is only visible to registered members.. give us your user and pw :)
Like I'd do that, I use that password everywhere ;)

2003 - Damnation - Heatseekers - 10
2003 - Damnation - The Billboard 200 - 192
2003 - Damnation - Top Independent Albums - 14

Land Of Grey And Pink said:
I disagree entirely when you say opeth's style doesnt resemble the 70s sound. Its certainly a lot darker, more extreme and heavier...but the melodies, the textures and the atmosphere made in Opeth cant really be found anywhere else except 70s bands in my opinion. Theres a uniqueness and a charm and character it carries...this was a staple in many 70s bands. Most of it is subtle, and it isnt present in every riff...but the majority of their songs as a whole have the vibe.

100% correct, Opeth is unique 70's music is unique. Great post

Deliverance hit somewhere on there too. I think it was the heatseekers, but I thought that a band could only get on there once. And I agree about the 70's thing. Their music just sounds old somehow.

Leper_/-\ffinity said:
Look to the left! It says "genres" and "styles".