Billys Mays Passes away

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
TAMPA, Fla. – Billy Mays, the burly, bearded television pitchman known for his boisterous hawking of products such as Orange Glo and OxiClean, has died. He was 50.

Tampa police said Mays was found unresponsive by his wife Sunday morning. A fire rescue crew pronounced him dead at 7:45 a.m.

There were no signs of a break-in, and investigators do not suspect foul play, said Lt. Brian Dugan of the Tampa Police Department, who wouldn't answer any more questions about how Mays' body was found because of the ongoing investigation. The coroner's office expects to have an autopsy done by Monday afternoon.

"Although Billy lived a public life, we don't anticipate making any public statements over the next couple of days," said Mays' wife, Deborah. "Our family asks that you respect our privacy during these difficult times."

Damn what a week for celebrities passing away, seems like it is someone every day.

R.I.P Billy

Wow...dropping like flies. l read somewhere that he was on a plane that landed in Tampa just the other day that had a tire blowout. Wonder if that started a heart thing or something?

I saw that episode, too. It was quite entertaining. I was thinking about that episode when I read the news that Billy Mays had died. :(

Yeah, that episode was definitely entertaining and it was cool to see Mays in circumstances other than what one usually sees him on TV. It's a shame he went so suddenly like that. :(