Black Erotica Vs 12

VampiricYouth

Jul 15, 2005
Don't know if this has been discussed before, but which song do you prefer? While I hold the utmost respect for Mikael, I find his voice (albeit technically impressive) a bit flat on the emotional side...Jonas's rendition on Black Erotica has so much more feeling to it, I think it's what makes it the better of the two...Not to mention that haunting intro on BE.

12 is far better I think, because of the recording in Brave Murder Day album, the sound of 12 is better.. Mikael's growls put more feelings into it than jonas', and also Black Erotica's tempo is really slow.. 12's tempo is the ideal one.. The ending riff (I cannot breath, I am losing life...) is faster in Black Erotica so you can't really feel that part, it kinda rushes away.. in 12 the drumming is also better :)

so i think the answer is 12 :)

I'd have to say "12" for a number of reasons. The sound is much more allowing for the subtleties of the song to come through on Brave Murder Day. But the most significant reasons why "12" is better is that they slow down the final sorrowful riff in the closing moments of the song, which creates a much more dramatic and darker ambience. The moments when the song pauses for the slow and haunting clean guitar breaks are also without any bass or keyboard in the background which makes these moments much more effective in creating an atmosphere of total isolation. Plus, Mikael's vocals are more powerful and emotional on the song than Jonas's on "Black Erotica", and I say that whil holding true to my stance on Jonas being my favorite singer of all time. But on this track, Mikael emerges the victor.

NP: Emperor - "Cosmic Keys To My Creations And Times"

I'd have to say "12" for a number of reasons. The sound is much more allowing for the subtleties of the song to come through on Brave Murder Day. But the most significant reasons why "12" is better is that they slow down the final sorrowful riff in the closing moments of the song, which creates a much more dramatic and darker ambience. The moments when the song pauses for the slow and haunting clean guitar breaks are also without any bass or keyboard in the background which makes these moments much more effective in creating an atmosphere of total isolation. Plus, Mikael's vocals are more powerful and emotional on the song than Jonas's on "Black Erotica", and I say that whil holding true to my stance on Jonas being my favorite singer of all time. But on this track, Mikael emerges the victor.

NP: Emperor - "Cosmic Keys To My Creations And Times"

I'd also say "Black Erotica"
The reasons where already mentioned [like intro, slowlier, vox ...] ... and I have to add that the title is just ... *lol* ... I like it (;