Black Label Society

MURAI

-
Nov 6, 2002
Canada
You all should know Zakk Wylde's band. They're just some good straightforward, no bullshit heavy metal. I have Stronger Than Death and The Blessed Hellride albums. Stronger Than Death is an aggression masterpiece but their new one didn't really match up to it.

I love Zakk and BLS. I thought 1919 Eternal was an excellent album and I think Blessed Hellride has its moments of both brilliance and mediocrity. Still, a bad BLS song is better than a lot of other stuff.

BLS would be the biggest Rock/Metal band in American today if Zakk stuck to the riffage that he is known for & got a "real" singer in the band. This Guitarist/Singer thing works great with blues, but in Rock/Metal it just doesn't cut it... Zakk, is a fantastic guitarist, but as a singer?! I'll pass...

JonnyD said:
I have an Ex friend that Used to listen to BLS constantly Now I cant stand to hear the sound of that guys guitar :p but on a lighter note he is an awsome guitar player Extremely talented

Ditto. Although, I do still listen to BLS occassionally. 1919 Eternal would be my favorite BLS album. I'm not a huge fan of Stronger Than Death, and Blessed Hellride is just a re-hash of shit he's already done. The beer theme and inseasant squeeling gets on my nerves after a while. The novelty has worn off, and Zakk needs to find a new schtick, imo. But hey.... it's true, there's a lot worse shit out there than BLS.

Deconstruction said:
Ditto. Although, I do still listen to BLS occassionally. 1919 Eternal would be my favorite BLS album. I'm not a huge fan of Stronger Than Death, and Blessed Hellride is just a re-hash of shit he's already done. The beer theme and inseasant squeeling gets on my nerves after a while. The novelty has worn off, and Zakk needs to find a new schtick, imo. But hey.... it's true, there's a lot worse shit out there than BLS.
He's got this "redneck" type image goin', but that mother fucker is from Jearsey! You nailed it it's like a novelty act! A very bad one. What's up with these "chapters" that he claims he has all around the the states... Zakk wouldn't know a 'neck if he were "pumpin'" him in the ass!

"Bridge To Cross"... A masterpiece metal ballad from 1919 Eternal.

That "Rust" song from Stronger Than Death is pretty moving too.

ExposedZakk.jpg
ExposedZakk5.jpg

Zakk Wylde was such a pretty boy... LOOK AT HIM NOW.