Black Sabbath: 1970 - 1978

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
This is great. At $70, each album works out to be about $8 plus you get a DVD...anyone have any more details on this?

503477.jpg

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=6362616&style=music&cart=177894417

that's nice! NAD will tell us all to buy it. although i already own all ozzy sabbath era albums on CD... If it were to have unreleased stuff it would be great but more than likely it will be standard issue albums remastered of course and probably the Black Sabbath Story Vol. 1 on DVD... just a hunch but i'm just in a pessimistic mood so blah

oh here.. i found more http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000DII8S/002-3334768-0657664?v=glance

or better yet:

A new eight-disc Black Sabbath box set, Black Box: The Complete Original Black Sabbath (1970-1978), will feature remastered versions of the band's albums with Ozzy Osbourne behind the mike, as well as a live DVD with previously unseen footage.

Due November 4th and retailing for $99.98, the set features the classic albums Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Master of Reality, Vol. 4, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Sabotage, Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die!. After 1978's Die, Osbourne left for a solo career, and his bandmates -- guitarist Tony Iommi, bassist Terry "Geezer" Butler and drummer Bill Ward -- continued as Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio on vocals. The original Sabbath lineup supervised the box set, along with executive producer Sharon Osbourne.

The box will include the band's only non-LP studio recording, "Evil Woman," from 1970. The bonus DVD will feature classic performances of such Sabbath songs as "Iron Man" and "Paranoid," a live cover of Carl Perkins' "Blues Suede Shoes," and a rare promotional clip for the song "Black Sabbath."

Sabbath disciples Rob Zombie, James Hetfield, Vince Neil, Krist Novoselic, Melissa Auf Der Maur, Dave Navarro, Billie Joe Armstrong, Slash, Beck, David Lee Roth and Henry Rollins all provided original interviews for the liner notes.

"We didn't have a crystal ball that said they're going to look on us as an influence," Osbourne told Rolling Stone. "We just enjoyed what we were doing. We influenced generation after generation, and that's kind of an eye-opener for me because I didn't think anything we did was spectacular. We were in our early twenties and we were having a lot of fun with it. I remember we thought, 'Let's just write some scary music.'" The eighty-page booklet also features a group timeline, photos, reprints of all the album lyrics and two new historical essays by writers Chris Welch ("1970-1972: Lords of This World") and Brian Ives ("1973-1978: A Hard Road").

Dark Chapter said:
Due November 4th and retailing for $99.98,
CDuniverse.com says this will be released March 2nd? And if you pre-order, you get $30 off.

I actually have all Ozzy-era Sabbath releases, but they're spread across old vinyl, tapes, and a couple of CD's. Seems like I'll probably get this...

i wouldn't mind having it myself but you can only remaster that stuff so much and also considering the source with which they pull it from i'm sure there won't be a whole hell of a lot of improvement... i don't know what they erally expect to accomplish doing it yet AGAIN. Still would be nice i suppose... They should have put the Black Sabbath Story Vol. 1 on the DVD along with the other 4 vids... oh well can't have everything i suppose

Yeah I noticed that the other day when I was telling everyone to buy more Black Sabbath. :p

It looks really cool, but I already have most of that material anyhow. Generally I don't do boxsets unless it has a bunch of bonus stuff, like the Misfits and Alice in Chains boxes, which are both brilliant.

"The box will include the band's only non-LP studio recording, "Evil Woman," from 1970."

Hmm, I think this is available on the UK version of the debut, and I've still yet to hear it.

They've done a million Sabbath remasters and compilation releases, but this one contains each of the individual albums. I don't even care about the remastering to be honest. I like it for its convenience, and the fact that it's $70.

I might even be really tight, wait 2 months, and get it on half.com for $35. :loco:

I will probably get that. I am going to get slaughtered for this - I don't own any Black Sabbath albums (oh, I'm brave).

NAD said:
But they are missing the instrumental tracks? That's gay.

I don't know what that other person is talking about NAD, mine have every track, including "Evil Woman." He's talking about some crap box set or something. I am talking about each and every release remastered with its own booklet, full of photos and history notes on each era.

NAD said:
"The box will include the band's only non-LP studio recording, "Evil Woman," from 1970."

Hmm, I think this is available on the UK version of the debut, and I've still yet to hear it.
Aye, although I'm pretty certain the non-LP song in question is Wicked World? :confused: