Black Sabbath - Cross Purposes LIVE

LOL -
Hey, I can totally understand why you wouldn't care for Ozzy-era Sabbath, but seriously, Tony Martin era Sabbath is brilliant! Esp Tyr, Headless Cross, and Cross Purposes........

He certainly does both Ozzy and Dio justice in this performance.

I really wish the original CD + VHS combo set wasn't so damn expensive.

And YES Veggie!! I KNOW you own this. No need to rub it in!!!!!

Nice. I actually have the VHS/CD double pack in the original box of this that I found for $10 when out shopping for used CDs with Lee a few years ago. Surprised the heck out of me after I figured I'd never find a copy. Quite a good show; they actually do the full version of Symptom of the Universe with the awesome jazzy second half.

I love the typos on the back, like "Wizard" instead of "The Wizard" and "Sympton of the Universe"...

I didn't realize it had gotten so expensive lately. Shame they never did a proper DVD release of this in full.

EDIT: lol just saw Jason's note about me owning this. Whoops. :kickass:

Man, this version of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is totally in its own world with Tony on vocals. I dig it. Also, killer setlist there. Could use some Hand of Doom but whatever.

LOL -
Hey, I can totally understand why you wouldn't care for Ozzy-era Sabbath, but seriously, Tony Martin era Sabbath is brilliant! Esp Tyr, Headless Cross, and Cross Purposes........

He certainly does both Ozzy and Dio justice in this performance.

I really wish the original CD + VHS combo set wasn't so damn expensive.

And YES Veggie!! I KNOW you own this. No need to rub it in!!!!!

I have that set, I got that when it came out years ago, it did not seem to be around long. mine has a crease on the side of the box from where my grandma stack some heavy books on top of it.
I like tony Martin Sabbath a lot, strange thing is nothing outside of Sabbath with him is all that great.

I have that set, I got that when it came out years ago, it did not seem to be around long. mine has a crease on the side of the box from where my grandma stack some heavy books on top of it.
I like tony Martin Sabbath a lot, strange thing is nothing outside of Sabbath with him is all that great.

If you ever wanna part with it, which I doubt you do, please let me know!

His second solo album "Scream" is like half winner half garbage.

I know there is one solo album where he does "Jerusalem"
I saw it on YouTube. It was decent enough.

I remember about 8 years ago or so he was doing some solo shows in Europe and the setlist was about 85% Sabbath material.

I always had this idea that it would be awesome if they did a tour called NIGHT OF BLACK SABBATH, where basically they do sets from different eras. This would have of course been absolutely monstrous when DIO was still alive, but if you could get Ozzy, Martin, Gillan, and Hughes????

Sure, tickets would have to be like $300 each to pay these guys, but I guess the question is are the fans who see Sabbath fanatical enough to pay for such an event? I would!!!

there are fans who will pay to see anything at any price. You would also have people paying it just to see it so they can say they saw it. Almost like any show.

I really doubt Gillan would do it, which I could understand.
I would think Martin would be all over it.

Not sure if you would have been able to get DIO on board for this idea though.

Always wished some bands would do something like this.
A complete evening with no openers, where they pull in members from different eras of the band.

I know egos and $$$ would prevent it from happening.
Oh well.....

I know there is one solo album where he does "Jerusalem"
I saw it on YouTube. It was decent enough.

I remember about 8 years ago or so he was doing some solo shows in Europe and the setlist was about 85% Sabbath material.

I always had this idea that it would be awesome if they did a tour called NIGHT OF BLACK SABBATH, where basically they do sets from different eras. This would have of course been absolutely monstrous when DIO was still alive, but if you could get Ozzy, Martin, Gillan, and Hughes????

Sure, tickets would have to be like $300 each to pay these guys, but I guess the question is are the fans who see Sabbath fanatical enough to pay for such an event? I would!!!

It would have never happened though. Not only due to egos and $$$ but let's be real, outside of a few Sabbath fans, no one really knows any Sabbath material that isn't Ozzy or Dio.

a few years ago I was seriously considering getting in contact with Tony Martin to find out how much money it would cost to bring him in Canada to perform Black Sabbath material live, with my band at the time as his backing band. I was gonna pitch the idea to Noctis Festival and see what they said. I got the idea because I've noticed that the underground metal community (IE, people in Canada who go to Noctis Fest to see Manilla Road, Root, Pagan Altar, etc etc) All seemed to know and love Tony Martin Sabbath. We chickened out in the end though. Fast forward to this year. Barbados (japanese Speed/thrash) gets booked for Noctis, and they pull a backing band of Calgary musicians together (including Dan Neild from Gatekrashor) and just fly in the singer from Japan and it went over really well. Now I wish we would have seriously pursued something like that!

Here in the states, Paul DiAnno used Icarus Witch as his backing band.

@ Simon - yeah, totally get your point. That's why it really would have only worked with BOTH Ozzy and Dio. Martin and / or Hughes would just be a bonus to the die hards, though you would also then get of course some die hard Purple fans as well.

Hey, a man can dream right!?!?!?!?!?

could you imagine if they tried this for PurplE?
I seriously literally believe there would be bloodshed before the first date!!!!

Both Hughes and Coverdale have expressed their willingness to participate in some form of a Deep Purple tour.

So......

While it would never happen, how do you think the metal community at large would react to a Maiden tour like this?

Open it with a Blaze set, then a DiAnno set, then of course headlined by current Maiden lineup.

I really doubt Gillan would do it, which I could understand.
I would think Martin would be all over it.

Not sure if you would have been able to get DIO on board for this idea though.

Always wished some bands would do something like this.
A complete evening with no openers, where they pull in members from different eras of the band.

I know egos and $$$ would prevent it from happening.
Oh well.....

I won't, besides you would not get it as cheap as you just got those CDs you ordered. HAHA

So......

While it would never happen, how do you think the metal community at large would react to a Maiden tour like this?

Open it with a Blaze set, then a DiAnno set, then of course headlined by current Maiden lineup.

I think they'd hate it. I love the first two Maiden albums, but pretty much everyone knows Dianno sucks nowadays.

As for Blaze, I like some of those songs but the average metalhead probably doesn't care for it.

It would be a waste honestly.

I think they'd hate it. I love the first two Maiden albums, but pretty much everyone knows Dianno sucks nowadays.

As for Blaze, I like some of those songs but the average metalhead probably doesn't care for it.

It would be a waste honestly.

Yes, but a LOT, and I mean a LOT of Maiden fans, old and new, never saw Maiden with Blaze. How many care though is a different story! Ha!

I think the X FACTOR is a great album.