Black Sabbath - The Eternal Idol (Ray Gillen session)

I personally think I prefer Tony Martin, honestly. Interesting history though.

I've got the multi-discs of the Dehumanizer demos (the ones from Cozy Powell's collection are solid, and there's a second set that has Ronnie on them and there's an interesting intro to Letters From Earth that didn't make the album and at least like 2 songs that didn't make the album that were solid). And I've also got the rough demos from Forbidden, which IMO much like the Born Again rough mixes were better than how the album itself turned out somehow.

Yeah, honestly, I don't think this sounds all that much different.

just shows how much they tried initially to make Martin sound like Gillen initially.

indeed.
The only bad one is Forbidden, I blame it on Sharon Osbourne; everything wrong with Sabbath and Ozzy, and hell rock n roll in general I blame her for.

I don't mind Forbidden but would love to hear a remix and have the Ice-T stuff removed. Mind reading an interview which Martin trashes it but hey I'd be angry to if an employer treated me like that.

The real crime are the so called Black a Sabbath Fans who probably never even heard the Martin material.

Or worse the Sabbath "fans" who say they only like mob rules and H&H

You aren't a black sabbath fan. You are a Dio fan
(And most likely weren't even that until he died and Eddie Trunk made you feel you had to be a fan)

The real crime are the so called Black a Sabbath Fans who probably never even heard the Martin material.

Or worse the Sabbath "fans" who say they only like mob rules and H&H

You aren't a black sabbath fan. You are a Dio fan
(And most likely weren't even that until he died and Eddie Trunk made you feel you had to be a fan)

Eddie Trunk is the Harvester of classic metal?!?

Took me years to even attempt the Dio stuff. I wouldn't call it so called Sabbath fans due to the sound of the Dio years and Martin years being vastly different from the Ozzy stuff. To me it's a completely different band. It doesnt' help though that the band completely buries that stuff for the most part.

Yeah. Sadly the Martin era as we all know wasnt during metal's finest hours.
Much has gone to obscurity and has not been heavily resurrected by the band for obvious reasons.

I had eternal idol when it came out but the others I only got into within the past 10 years.

Such amazing stuff, esp Tyr and Headless Cross.