Black Sabbath's "God Is Dead?" singe and new album "13"

The song is waaaay too long, but the last two minutes are amazing. I can't wait for this album.

It does drag on slightly, but I quite like it. If anything, my biggest complaint is the production - it's too fucking clean. It needs some Electric Wizard-esque grit and dirtiness to it to really work. Fuck you, Rick Rubin!

This came along at a good time for me, like I said in the 'Now Playing' thread yesterday I just found all of my old Ozzy Osbourne and Black Label Society CDs so I'm well in the mood for some Oxxmeister now :lol:

Awesome.

But I do agree it drags on slightly, and the production on Ozzy's voice is a bit - I don't know... But I like it. Tony going back to some of his Master Of Reality kind of riffing towards the end there. Looking forward to the album!

Again, it's a little too modern sounding. Ozzy sounds like he does on his more recent solo efforts (which I don't mind at all) but he deserves credit for sticking to his abilities. He's not trying to do things that he's incapable of these days, that's rare.

i dont think the length is the issue as Sabbath have some great long material. the writ etc.
its just not interesting enough in the first part.
Iommi is the riff King but Ozzy is a little uninteresting on in. he rules at interesting and unusual pitch changes and theres none of that in this.

the other track they've been playing live sounds better though!
I'm sure it's going to rule my life for the next year at least