Black Tears - new video, by Heaven Shall Burn

Infest_dead

Mar 12, 2005
Russia, Omsk
[ame]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=55145867[/ame]

New video by Heaven Shall Burn, cover of EOS Black Tears.
Very good video. Seem to be strange in beginning...
I liked it.
So what do you think? Lets discuss

It´s not that hard doing a cover if you don´t have to sing the melody or play the riff correctly :)

Solution:

You have to think "upside-down" to play the riff right
You have to be abel to sing to sing the melody right :lol:

I'm with Dag.
This version kinda sucks. I'm angry about some stupid comments there of people who like it more than the original because of the singing!!!
AAAAARGGGGG!!!

If this song was meant to have other than clean vocals it would have been made with the best death growls around in the first place.

Also, making a video of a cover, what the fuck? :err:

I think Nightingale should record a cover of Black tears. Vocals in the original version aren't really good IMO and Dan could sing Black tears much much more better (as some of us who have been in N.G.'s gig knows :) ).

So Nightingale, record it, please! That would be the best version of Black Tears in my opinion.

Oh I nearly forgot, HSB version sucks.

So Nightingale, record it, please! That would be the best version of Black Tears in my opinion.

I disagree. I really like when Dan sings deeper, even it doesn't have as much power, like on Black Tears and Nightfall overture.
When he sings it an octave higher when they play it live, it doesn't do it for me. :/ A bit too strained.
I know live you can't hear much when you sing deep, but I think I would prefer the original octave/key anyway.

So I vote for more Goth-Dan :worship:

edit: I just was thinking of how funny it is that Black Tears has gone such a long way. Intended to be a Subway Mirror song (if I remember right), then used for Edge of Sanity, being an unusual song which was very popular. Then Nightingale takes it over, and now even some dickheads covering it ;)

I didn't even know that Heaven Shall Burn is a German band, I was wondering about all the comments in German, how a band from abroad could read them :lol:
The most funny thing was this one comment saying that the riff reminded of "As I Lay Dying" which didn't even exist when the song was created. :D

Yeah, would be nice to see the song covered by a real_metalband, though :cool:

So I vote for more Goth-Dan

I got nothing against Goth-Dan and it suits for Black Tears but in the original Black Tears Dan's vocals sounds weak or something and instruments cover Dan's voice, especially in the first verse. Second verse's vocals are pretty good but there could be a little more power and anger (I listen a lot of thrash metal, maybe that's why:lol:). Deep and "powerless" vocals suit for Nightfall overture but not in Black Tears imo (Concerning mostly the "powerless" part, deep vocals are good in BT). Of course too much anger and power would ruin the song...

But after all, a matter of taste is always a matter of taste :) .

E: Hmm... when I think of this, I'm not sure if not-so-powerful vocals belong to gothic singing style so I'm not sure about the "Goth-Dan suits BT" thing. This message probably look/looked quite scrappy because I wrote it at 3 am :D . Anyway, to summarise my opinion, Deep vocals with anger and power would suit best for Black Tears.

Yeah, would be nice to see the song covered by a real_metalband, though :cool:

Eternal Tears Of Sorrow does a good cover of it.

Heaven Shall Burns version sounds like a giant pile of shit. :puke:

I prefer the original to both of course, I am not sure if I would be into a Nightingale version of it as much as the original but I am sure I would dig it. :)

:erk:
sorry you didn't liked.

of course they play guitar riff not correct, and vocal melody too
but I think they do so not because they can't do correct, just this is their interpretation, their version.

Before I had even heard about Dan or EoS, I was a big EToS fanboy, and Black Tears was my favorite song. I had no idea it was a cover at the time. You can imagine my shock when I discovered EoS and Black Tears was originally done by them.

Eternal Tears Of Sorrow does a good cover of it.

True, I temporarily forgot about that :oops: I heard this version also. ETOS is fine but in that case I prefer their own songs, though. I guess I`m hypercritical :cool:

Hm.. I think there was one more cover, but I forgot by whom... or maybe I am imagining it :saint:

sorry you didn't liked.

It´s not your fault ;) Thanks still for telling us about it!

AAAAAAArrrgghhhhhhhhhhhh, pure shit, that video sucks BIGtime.
I will understand it if they make it as good as KsE made from holy Diver.

well, I just checked the video and I concur with Dag, it's really easy to do a cover the way they did because you have so less to be occupied with, everything in this version sucks the video, the riffs, the voice.

I'd love to know what Dan thinks about this version.

BTW Eternal Tears of Sorrow version sucks twice as this one.