Black Tears - Why hasn't there been a re-recording ever?

Naglfar

As Naglfar devours us all
Maybe Dan can get the time the answer this one, but why hasn't Black Tears been re-recorded at any point? I always thought it was one of Edge of Sanity's three best songs (leaving aside the two Crimsons). It would be nice to hear Dan sing it with a more mature voice. Any plans in the future to give us a revamped Black Tears?

Naglfar said:
Oh, where can I get that video?

I was also thinking more of a Nightfall Overture type re-recording of it.

Different "Black tears" live versions have be on my site for download several times. Last time on the releaseparty gig. It´s a live song and i don´t think it should benefit much from a re-recording. The point with The "Nightfall" album was to record stuff as a band opposed to one or two guys. B.T is recorded by a band on a classic album a decade ago. You don´t muck around with that, it should be pathetic ! New songs rules:headbang:

Gurgelguff said:
Different "Black tears" live versions have be on my site for download several times. Last time on the releaseparty gig. It´s a live song and i don´t think it should benefit much from a re-recording. The point with The "Nightfall" album was to record stuff as a band opposed to one or two guys. B.T is recorded by a band on a classic album a decade ago. You don´t muck around with that, it should be pathetic ! New songs rules:headbang:

Again, you are awesome! :)

Dan and Dag, You wait and see...I will change your minds...
we're only 20 minutes by airplane from cyprus.
As I promised...I will form the Israeli official Nightingale fanclub as soon as I find the time, and then you'll get constant demands for a show.
It's a small country and I got my fingers in many pies.

paradoxile said:
Dan and Dag, You wait and see...I will change your minds...
we're only 20 minutes by airplane from cyprus.
As I promised...I will form the Israeli official Nightingale fanclub as soon as I find the time, and then you'll get constant demands for a show.
It's a small country and I got my fingers in many pies.

Good luck with the fan-club but you never see me alive in
the middle east ( or Africa, if we have any fans there ) :)