blackberry/treo

DSCN0622.jpg

I have a Dell Axim that is hooked through my home network that I use on the shitter occasionally.

I like the websites that recognize that you're using a mobile device and they make it fit the screen better.

nope, I haven't

for starters, I don't have much cellular signal in my home, so really, many of the treo's capabilities will be lost on me while I'm here. Not to mention the transfer rate is still pretty durned slow, so uh, yeah.

I got a ButtBerry yesterday! It's way nicer than that stupid LG "The V" playtoy phone I had before. It's not even sync'd up to my network yet and I already dropped it in a parking lot, producing some very metal asphalt rash. :kickass:

... <-- dots of ignorance

I think the server, but that's cool because I'll just sync it on a day when I'll be around the office anyhow. I guess not Monday since I'll be in San Dieger all god damn day!

The only thing I don't like about it is it has no camera, but I guess I need to get a decent one anyhow. Maybe I can convince work to pay for it... <-- dots of possibility

Does anyone know if you can connect to an SSL site securely with these phones? I'd like to keep an eye on our checking and credit card accounts while in Mexico. However, I don't want to do so if the communications link is insecure.

Zod

I would guess they would have to be SSL, but I'm not sure.

Anyhow, I just took a dump and tried to get to ultimatemetal.com on my ButtBerry but it didn't work. So I did a google image search for Lauren Michelle Hill and viola! Naked chicks on the can. Cool.

General Zod said:
Does anyone know if you can connect to an SSL site securely with these phones? I'd like to keep an eye on our checking and credit card accounts while in Mexico. However, I don't want to do so if the communications link is insecure.

Zod

good question, not sure though Greg

General Zod said:

Zod
either it works or it doesn't. afaik you won't be able to set up an "insecure" connection; either it uses SSL or it doesn't work at all

Erik said:
either it works or it doesn't. afaik you won't be able to set up an "insecure" connection; either it uses SSL or it doesn't work at all
You're almost certainly right, and that's kind of what I assumed. However, I prefer to err on the side of complete and total paranoia when it comes to such things.

Zod