Blackmore's Night new video

I don't know their catalog very well either but it sounds a bit heavier than the majority of stuff I've heard from them. Most songs I've heard are more along the lines of acoustic folk.

Blackmore's Night started incorporating more electric guitar and other rock elements with Fires at Midnight, which I believe was their 3rd album. The folkish elements also got a bit more accessible, IMO. The first album was deadly boring, but each successive album has had some good moments on it. I wouldn't advise spending money on any whole albums if you only want to hear songs that sound like the one you found the video for, but if you want to go on Itunes and only download selected songs I can give you a list of the better songs that are more electric.

Normally I would have bypassed this email, for whatever reason. But, I was eating lunch and decided to check out the video for the new Blackmore's Night tune, and loved it! What a cool tune, how does their other stuff compare to this song?

All their albums are pretty much like that video...like some said, there are harder songs that include electric guitar and bass, and also many that are more folk oriented. But they all jam at some point because Blackmore can't write a song without extended guitar solos in it!

If you want a good sample of BN, I'd recommend buying one of their DVDs. They are much more spectacular live than they are on album because you can see the band enjoying their roles and joking around with Ritchie. Castles and Dreams is their first DVD, and it was awesome at the time. But the new one, Paris Moon is even better. More rocked out.

Blackmore's Night started incorporating more electric guitar and other rock elements with Fires at Midnight, which I believe was their 3rd album. The folkish elements also got a bit more accessible, IMO. The first album was deadly boring, but each successive album has had some good moments on it. I wouldn't advise spending money on any whole albums if you only want to hear songs that sound like the one you found the video for, but if you want to go on Itunes and only download selected songs I can give you a list of the better songs that are more electric.

Funny, I actually like the first cd best because it's not electric. It had a very cool, mystical and haunting quality to it. The first cd didn't have as much "pub/tavern" music on it. Heck, a lot of the Blackmore's Night music can be traced back to the stuff he was doing on the first 3 Rainbow albums. When I want to relax and mellow out, Blackmore's Night is good stuff to listen to.