Blaze @ The CC Club

SiliconMessiah

Brilliant Bastards!!
Feb 20, 2002
Harrow, London
chris.j.mash.googlepages.com
Last night i popped along to The CC Club in London to see Blaze playing an acoustic set and i wondered if any folks from here went along? I meant to ask before the gig but i forgot!

The gig was meant to be at The Underworld but got moved. Unfortunately Blaze was just supporting Kip Winger (used to be in a band called Winger... years ago..?) so only had a 45 minute set:

Temple of Rock (Wolfsbane)
Lord of the Flies (Iron Maiden)
Regret
Tenth Dimension
Wasted Years (Iron Maiden)
Sign of the Cross (Iron Maiden)
I Like it Hot (Wolfsbane)
Soundtrack of my Life

The reason it was acoustic is apparently due to the rest of the band being busy with album commitments so Blaze just popped in a few dates with one of the guitarists to get out on the road.

Personally i thought it was fantastic, pretty much all of the songs worked really nicely acoustic and i just wish he was headlining as if he had been he'd have played these extra songs:

The Trooper (Iron Maiden)
Totally Nude (Wolfsbane)
Hey Babe (Wolfsbane)
Meant To Be
Paint The Town Red (Wolfsbane)
Man on the Edge (Iron Maiden)
Blood and Belief

I worry that he's heading down the same path as Paul Dianno now with all that Maiden in the setlist, especially Trooper and Wasted Years. But he did say that Wasted Years was his fave Maiden song and they never put it in the setlist for him to sing so this was his revenge :lol:

For those interested it looks like Wolfsbane may be back on the road (Blaze's first band for those who don't know). They performed at Rock of the Ages festival in Tamworth last Sunday after Blaze's headline spot as a surprise appearance and only planned to play three songs but the reception was so good they did a complete set! Now there's talk of them trying to get the support slot on an upcoming tour of the UK.

They were (and maybe will be again) the bomb. I have all their albums on CD and i'd love to help you out Steve but no. Just no. :lol:

Kathy Wilson was the hardest CD to get and i think most people would agree. I was quite lucky to find it on ebay whilst no one else was looking and got it for quite a cheap price.

Copies do occasionally appear on eBay. Got mine on there as well (probably not as cheap as Chris managed), but not prepared to let it go either

I could see him performing Lord of the Flies and Man on the Edge, but why would he perform Maiden songs he didn't record? I suppose some of the crowd might want / expect that, but those songs do not represent his legacy in the band.

Just my opinion.

Well it was his revenge on maiden for not letting him play it when he was with them apparently, but it's certainly an odd choice and a bit worrying that he'll try and sponge of Maiden a lot more... Maybe that's why he's had lineup and manager issues so much, who knows!

Incidentally, Steve, Amazon have 2 Kathy Wilson CDs for £40 and £50 in their marketplace... rather steep, but if you're desperate... :lol:

Aaach, I can't believe that the guy hasn't got any Scottish dates at all. :(

Was it busy at all? And why the hell is the Trooper back in his set? :lol: Lord knows it's almost a criminal offence for him to sing that. Gah, I didn't think Blaze would have to stoop to becoming akin to Di'Anno...

Hey Burney, long time no see!

It certainly is an odd choice for him but apparently blaze didn't always sing the trooper that bad with maiden, it was just that video which everyone always sees and it was pretty damned bad. But then other people have said that he really is always terrible...

But anyway he didn't do too badly at it as i remember it. There were a fair number of people there which surprised me but i think a lot of them were there to see Kip Winger too, or just Kip Winger.

I never noticed that was you there, Pickle! :lol: Alrighty! :)

What the hell happened to Balzefans btw? I logged on one day to find it was gone. It was going slowly but surely downhill, but I never really expected it to die off. :( As for Blaze, that's not bad I suppose. :D Hopefully things might look up for him again, god knows he deserves it... I'm surprised he's playing Wasted Years now as well, though every bootleg I ever heard of him with Maiden proved he slaughtered the Trooper. Truly. :lol: He'll probably be singing it his own way now, though. He just needs to play Scotland. >_>

I picked up the Alive in Poland DVD last month, by the way. Aside Blaze's performance, which was nothing short of brilliance, it's nothing amazing. The performance was pretty sloppy - the drummer was just terrible, the guitarists passable yet somewhat sloppy. The bassist was brilliant though, he really brings Rob Trujillo to mind. :lol:

Pick it up! :mad:

I feel i should pick up the DVD just support the guy... he certainly needs it now!

Balzefans went through some changes in your abscence and has since been rebranded to Site of Fire which is probably what lost you! We've lost quite a lot of people in the change over i think and because things went a bit downhill. That'll teach you for going away for so long ;)

I for one certainly pondered upon whether you'd lost contact in the changeover but thought you'd signed up to one of the interim versions along the way and would have known.. apparently not!

So go here if ye so wish: http://siteoffire.com

The format's changed a lot, no one really uses the forum anymore and uses the blog section more. There's not many regular posters but if we can get more people on board i reckon it'll be a damned good site again! The blogging aspect takes a bit of getting used to compared to the old style of things but i like it now! No one does lame assed blogging about what they had for lunch or anything, it's just gaming/metal news basically and any musings people may have!