Blind Guardian "At the Edge of Time" 08-24-10

Yamasidious

New Metal Member
May 25, 2009
Georgia (USA)
BlindGuardian-AtTheEdgeOfTime.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like what I've heard. This album seems to have a very epic feel, from the orchestrations and the song lengths I've seen on the track listing.

I have this strange feeling that this new one is gonna be one of the best they've ever done. Weird hunch, but it is what it is.

I thought "Twist" was good, but not great - certainly lacked some of the awesome staying power of previous classic Blind Guardian albums. It had its moments though - even a bad Blind Guardian album is still a generally good one.

I think Sacred is pretty incredible though - better than every song on Twist.

I have this strange feeling that this new one is gonna be one of the best they've ever done. Weird hunch, but it is what it is.

I thought "Twist" was good, but not great - certainly lacked some of the awesome staying power of previous classic Blind Guardian albums. It had its moments though - even a bad Blind Guardian album is still a generally good one.

I think Sacred is pretty incredible though - better than every song on Twist.

I have kind of put them in the same category with a lot of other bands now days (IE, Gamma, helloween, etc...) where the best material has been done and I don't seeing them matching their best again. That being said, Overkill just suprised me with their latest. I am a BG fan and I will be getting this anyway, but I don't expect it to compare to Nightfall or Somewhere.

I'm super stoked for the record, I also have the hunch that this will be as good as AN@TO or even better! Just wait And see :)

I'm wicked excited for this album...can not wait...

I've got it and the single on pre-order...and in that regard, metal is a very expensive hobby...

...but Blind Guardian is just above and beyond all else for me, so it's worth it!

I'm wicked excited for this album...can not wait...

I've got it and the single on pre-order...and in that regard, metal is a very expensive hobby...

...but Blind Guardian is just above and beyond all else for me, so it's worth it!

Where did you pre-order them? I've looked on Nuclear Blast and Amazon and They don't have an option for pre-order.

The single I will probably just purchace the mp3. The album I will buy the digi-pack. Although the pyramid sounds cool but from what I hear it's gonna be expensive.

Where did you pre-order them? I've looked on Nuclear Blast and Amazon and They don't have an option for pre-order.

The single I will probably just purchace the mp3. The album I will buy the digi-pack. Although the pyramid sounds cool but from what I hear it's gonna be expensive.

I noticed last night on Amazon, you could pre-order an import version for like $10. I will get this album, I just don't know how soon I will. Right now, I'm trying to get more into these bands playing progpower than newer releases. I haven't even gotten the new Rhapsody, Sabaton or JOP releases.

I have kind of put them in the same category with a lot of other bands now days (IE, Gamma, helloween, etc...) where the best material has been done and I don't seeing them matching their best again. That being said, Overkill just suprised me with their latest. I am a BG fan and I will be getting this anyway, but I don't expect it to compare to Nightfall or Somewhere.

I know exactly what you're talking about, I feel that way about a number of bands - I just don't really consider Blind Guardian to be one of them. They're a band that's hard to really write off or peg down because they take so much time between albums. For example: Two albums isn't a lot of material, and usually you wouldn't consider writing off a band because they released two mediocre albums - but since it's been 12 years since Nightfall came out, it's a lot easier to say that. If they only took two years between albums and Nightfall had come out in 2004, A Night at the Opera in 2006 - I think people would be more enthused. It's hard for me to call them "out of it" just because Twist wasn't as great as a lot of their previous work. I have a lot of hope for the new one.

My thoughts exactly. I like it and play it regularly. But it doesn't have the kick-me-in-the-arse awesomeness of their previous releases. A solid release.

This new one will be a blind purchase for me (no pun intended).

I'm looking forward to this. Though I didn't think A Twist on the Myth was wonderful, I liked it better than A Night at the Opera.

However, I still miss the Nightfall in Middle Earth days...