Blind Guardian's AT THE EDGE OF TIME

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
The legendary (yes, I think they deserve this title now) German power metal band have released their latest epic, AT THE EDGE OF TIME. And after the slight experimentation of the last couple of releases, I think this is probably the most solid release since NIGHTFALL IN MIDDLE-EARTH. Mabye not as good as that release, but for those fans wanting the old Blind Guardian, this is probably pretty close. Funny...considering the new drummer and Hansi's new short haircut... :D

The songs are pretty fast...mostly double bass fast (I think the thrashy Blind Guardian are lost forever) and the songs are mixed with great orchestration, like the opening track and the blistering finale, "Wheel Of Time." Kind of cool that they finally got around to writing a song for that fantasy saga.

A lot of cool stuff...great guitars as always. Their signature tone is what makes the sound so distinguishable as well as Hansi's vocals. And the songwriting is still epic and catchy. Probably the best of the NEW era Blind Guardian. But there's still more music to be made... :heh:

Definately a must for power metal fans...

Last edited by a moderator: