__
Jul 15, 2001
The starry attic
www.russellgarwood.co.uk
Blindside – The Great Depression
DRT Entertainment – 26th September 2005
By Russell Garwood

BS.jpg

Blindside are some pissed off Christians. Hailing from Sweden, the hard-rock quartet have been together for over a decade now, and in that time released a number of independent albums in the Christian market. While these are largely visceral hardcore, The Great Depression marks a slight change in direction for the band; hardcore screams still front the sound at times, but these are balanced by emotive singing with a distinct Robert Smith vibe. Under this, crunchy, melodic guitars tend to be relatively heavy for the style, and often segue into cleaner tones with a reflective atmosphere. In addition to these, occasional electronics prove unusual and effective. Tight drums and powerful bass constitute a solid rhythm section, and all of this combined creates an aggressive yet accessible concoction of hard rock, hardcore and emo.

The lyrics are notably indirect, with little of the preaching a lot of faith-based musicians tend towards. They are also dark – lyricist Christian may love God but he seems pretty pissed off with the rest of the world. Songs based on his experiences with AIDs victims in South Africa certainly make for bleak listening, and have quite some impact. For fans of hard-rock/screamo, and Christian music would do well to give Blindside a listen.

7/10

Official Blindside website
Official DRT Entertainment website

I almost completely detest the screamo scene, but Blindside is one of few bands from that scene I actually like. My cousin played this album for me last time I was at his house. Loved it.

Blindside – The Great Depression
DRT Entertainment – 26th September 2005
By Russell Garwood

BS.jpg

Blindside are some pissed off Christians. Hailing from Sweden, the hard-rock quartet have been together for over a decade now, and in that time released a number of independent albums in the Christian market. While these are largely visceral hardcore, The Great Depression marks a slight change in direction for the band; hardcore screams still front the sound at times, but these are balanced by emotive singing with a distinct Robert Smith vibe. Under this, crunchy, melodic guitars tend to be relatively heavy for the style, and often segue into cleaner tones with a reflective
atmos.

The lyrics are notably indirect, with little of the preaching a lot of faith-based musicians tend towards. They are also dark – lyricist Christian may love God but he seems pretty pissed off with the rest of the world. Songs based on his experiences with AIDs victims in South Africa certainly make for bleak listening, and have quite some impact. For fans of hard-rock/screamo, and Christian music would do well to give Blindside a listen.

7/10

Official Blindside website
Official DRT Entertainment website

8/10
Robert Smith you stupid-whore-slut-fuck ?

Blindside is great. and BECAUSE they are o riginal you shit

Robert Smith?

Nowhere

Even

FUCK YOU BITCH!!
CLOSE!

:headbang::headbang: