BLINK-182 Drummer Goes 'Black Metal' For Halloween

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
BLINK-182 drummer Travis Barker dressed up as former GORGOROTH and current GOD SEED bassist King Ov Hell (real name: Tom Cato Visnes) this past Halloween. Barker's Instagram photo of his Halloween getup — complete with black metal-style makeup — can be seen below. Back in 2002, Barker revealed to Sweden's Close-Up magazine that he once turned down an opportunity to join SLAYER. "I've never revealed this before, but a few months ago, I was offered the position as the replacement for Dave Lombardo in SLAYER," he told the magazine. "It would have been fun — they're my childhood idols, but I don't know… I'm happy with what I've got going right now." Barker's lengthy resume also includes stints in TRANSPLANTS and BOX CAR RACER. In an interview with MTV conducted in October 2002, Barker expressed his appreciation for extreme metal music, stating that "I grew up on WHODINI and RUN-D.M.C. and SLAYER and KING DIAMOND and THE CLASH. We've always loved all these types of music." An article published in Teen Music listed SLAYER's "Reign In Blood" as one of Barker's top two CDs of all time, an honor it shared with THE POLICE's "Live".
travisbarkerblackmetal_638.jpg

More...