Blitzkrieg

Fangface

Child of the Damned
Jan 25, 2002
France
www.fangface.com
I don't know if there's already a Blitzkrieg thread or not (RIP search function :cry: ), so here it is!

Any fans? :)

I've just got the new album Sins and Greed and I'm once again pleasantly surprised, I don't know many NWOBHM bands who still release such quality stuff. Just like Saxon they even sound a bit heavier nowadays while sticking to their guns.

I still rank Time of Changes as their best effort but I'm glad they're still around putting out good records, even though it kinda looks like "Brian Ross and friends" now.

http://www.blitzed-alive.com/

Talking about Brian Ross, I haven't heard Satan's live album yet (Live in the Act). Anyone?

Fangface said:
I don't know if there's already a Blitzkrieg thread or not (RIP search function :cry: ), so here it is!

Any fans? :)

Talking about Brian Ross, I haven't heard Satan's live album yet (Live in the Act). Anyone?

I'm a classic fan, meaning I have the full Neat compilation of Blitzkrieg by I didn't follow the band in the last few years.

As for Satan, I dind't know there was a live album :hotjump: I'll have to search for it, thanks for the hint Flo ;)

I like the "Unholy Trinity" and Absolute Power" albums. I need to check out the new release, thanks for the heads-up Fang.

Wyv you can expect good NWOBHM from their last 2 records, Absolute Power and Sins and Greed, they haven't lost it IMO. It sounds even more influenced by Judas Priest nowadays, but I'm sure that doesn't bother you :D

As for Satan's live album (recorded in 1984), I've just read from a friend that it has a crappy sound unfortunately...

Here's their label => http://www.metalnationrecords.co.uk/

Fangface said:
Wyv you can expect good NWOBHM from their last 2 records, Absolute Power and Sins and Greed, they haven't lost it IMO. It sounds even more influenced by Judas Priest nowadays, but I'm sure that doesn't bother you :D

As for Satan's live album (recorded in 1984), I've just read from a friend that it has a crappy sound unfortunately...

Here's their label => http://www.metalnationrecords.co.uk/

Thnaks for the info, I can't go wrong with your recommendations after all you got into French metal ;)

Blitzkrieg.... yeah, I had their first album and liked it alot. Some of my fav NWOBHM stuff in the vein of Tysondog, Grim Reaper, etc... Really didn't knew they survived this long, looking forward to hear some other material from them ...
Haha, it took some time for me to think about the "Blitzkrieg" song... Damn, there was something special .... aaaah, after 30 minutes of hurting my memories google told me Metallica covered that song ....

Am I the only one thinking that "Sins And Greed" sounded way too modern ? I mean, listen to that second song, the riffing and guitar tone could be from a KORN album. I loved "Absolute Power" and they changed their main songwriter between those two albums and you certainly can hear that for some of those new songs Brian's voice (strong as ever) is the only saving grace.

Hmm I don't know, I can't hear any "nu" influence in there... IMO. The sound is a bit more "modern" indeed but I haven't noticed that in the playing.
It's a little bit down-tuned but not more than what bands like Force of Evil or even Saxon do these days.