Blood Diamond theme in F#

Jul 29, 2011
Just got the FG-X and I've been contemplating for a while now doing a quick "metal" version of the Blood Diamond theme from the movie. Usually don't do tracks in F# but I've had my Schecter strung up with a 70 so I figured what the hell. This track is just a rough mix. Transitions are that smooth and levels aren't 100 percent yet. Enjoy. Or not........

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked that soundtrack and your interpretation is really cool! Just the last part doesn't fit really imho. Sound is nice.

Honestly dude I threw the last part in so I could actually have something to mix that was on the low end of the F# instead of on the higher end. I didn't really make it to fit, I just made it. All my normal stuff is in B so I wanted to mainly see the difference mixing wise on my end. Thanks for listening though.

What do you mean by low stuff? Like amp setup? I used pretty much everything in my sig if that's what you mean.

Oh. Haha. I used my Schecter 7 strung up with a 70. Luckily the Schecter 7's are 25.5 in scale, mines 25.75 when measured, so it helps a ton with the tension. I was mainly making the track to see if I could get a decent tone tuned that low with my 5150. Just so happens that I had been listening to that soundtrack. So I put the two together and made up an obscure riff for the end of it that doesn't fit. Haha

Oh. Haha. I used my Schecter 7 strung up with a 70. Luckily the Schecter 7's are 25.5 in scale, mines 25.75 when measured, so it helps a ton with the tension.

Hehe yeah I know. I own a Schecter Hellraiser C-7 with a 26.5" scale and its a big difference to shorter scales.