Blood Stain Child – Idolator

TheWyvern

Oct 22, 2006
Blood Stain Child – Idolator
Dockyard1 – 260085620449 - out now
By Dan Fisher

lood_stain_child.jpg

Sounding like the bastard child of Children of Bodom and In Flames, Blood Stain Child, the most grammatically incorrect band on the planet, are here to get all pearl harbour on your arse. Can you handle it? The album presented is their newest - 2005’s Idolator - which was never launched in Europe and was produced by workaholic Tue Madsen (this guy has produced a band from every continent hasn’t he?!). A warning for those who can’t stand electronics in metal that much: this album makes Gary Numan look like the British madrigal orchestra.

I will now conduct a dialectical conversation with myself a la Schopenhauer to discuss the album....

Big riffs? Check. Swirling synths? Check. Guitars, vocals and drums pro tooled to within an inch of their lives? Check. Any semblance of originality? Duh, no. Since when has pop metal been about originality? Can I remember any of the riffs? No. How many pints should I drink before wanting to buy this album? About 5-6. That's a lot of pints! I could buy an album for that! The other side of Dan simply nods, acknowledging the irony of this. Alright, what is good about it? Well the production is of a high standard, just like anything electronic that comes from Japan. Um.... I guess I like the hat that Aki is wearing on the album sleeve. Anything else? Dan's other side simply sighs and says: 'just visit their MySpace'.

Official Blood Stain Child Website
Official Dockyard1 Website