bm or dm?

black or death?

• bm

Votes: 39 35.8%
  • dm

Votes: 70 64.2%

• Total voters
It's difficult to say. Looking at the whole of each genre, I'd say death, as most bm bands tend to make me sleepy. I'm very selective when it comes to dm growls though. If it's not done right it can be absolutely repulsive, and not in a good way.

black metal surely. If you asked me 4 years ago it'd be death metal. Death metal sometimes just seems to be emotionally dead (sans anger) for the most part, and i like the range of feelings BM can give me. It's angry, it's pretty abysmal, and it makes me think. I just see it as a more "emotionally" diverse style. Death metal seems all about the riffs and insane drumming, which is cool to a point, but it's not really THAT intriguing after a while. And yes, of course there's exceptions. I am talking in general.

I believe this will answer your question:
immort.gif

And out of curiosity, why wasn't "DP" a poll option? Cause, you know...I would've voted for that.

^hahaha

sorry brian, wasn't aware that was an option :ill:

i voted for bm myself; i've kinda always been more attracted to it...there are a lot of great melodic death bands but talking straight death vs. tr00 kvlt necr0, i just listen to a lot more emperor and darkthrone than i do morbid angel and obituary

BM FREEKS:

so the CM site has a deal with 4 of the cropcrop cds. wrath, nightside, anthems, and equil. are all $5 a piece. i'm def. buying nightside and anthems, but i haven't heard equil., should i pick that one up too?

Black Metal I'd say. I find that atmosphere is lacking a lot in Death Metal albums, which is something very important to me.