Boards of Canada - The Campfire Headphase

E-bortion

Omae wa mo shindeiru
Dec 23, 2004
Thanks to Chromatose I got to leech this album around a month before its actual release. Now normally I'm not this ecstatic about any release, but this album is shocking thus far (I'm only about halfway through the album now.) I won't rant, seeing as how this is RC not really a place for electronic music... Eh, I'm thinking NAD and MFJ will dig this.

dls2vr.jpg

01 Into the Rainbow Vein
02 Chromakey Dreamcoat
03 Satellite Anthem Icarus
04 Peacock Tail
05 Dayvan Cowboy
06 A Moment of Clarity
07 '84 Pontiac Dream
08 Sherbert Head
09 Oscar See Through Red Eye
10 Ataronchronon
11 Hey Saturday Sun
12 Constants Are Changing
13 Slow This Bird Down
14 Tears From the Compound Eye
15 Farewell Fire

I fucking love you Chromie-toes

OH MY FUCKGIN GOGDOODODOD

holy shit i'm like 1 minute in to that jewsendit song and this is TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITS!!!1111

this is really fucking beautiful, got goosebumps and everything. fucking wow. SOLD SOLD SOLD THANK YOU.

okay i can't find that album, and according to amg it was released in the year 1017. :guh:

Yeah, their best is still by far "In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country though" not to mention the cult-undertones their music is surrounded by. Brilliant stuff, totally brilliant. My favorite band ever.

Oh, and beware, that track may be a bit misleading as to the sound of the album as a whole.

you should get all Boards of Canada, especially "A Beautiful Place out in the Country." It's a four track EP thats fucking amazing. As far as "ethereal and spiritual" sounds Boards of Canada is pretty much number one. Other artists on Warp Records such as Autechre and Aphex Twin might be to your liking. IDM as a whole is a pretty damned good genre.

Any kind of music that has to label itself as "intelligent" is to me slightly suspect but also ever so slightly intriguing.

edit: Compared to regular electronic or "dance" music I can see how the distinction would need to be made, come to think of it! They sound interesting, just read the Wikipedia article on them. I shall give them another shot. Plus they're named after my home country :)