BODY COUNT's 'Homage' To Female Moshers 'Bitch In The Pit' Available For Streaming

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
"Bitch In The Pit", a brand new song from BODY COUNT, the metal band fronted by hip-hop legend, actor and director Ice-T, can be streamed in the YouTube clip below. The track is taken from the group's new album, "Manslaughter", which will be released on June 10 via Sumerian."Most of the inspiration for my records is that I plan on singing them onstage," Ice-T tells Revolver magazine. "So I try to think of things that the crowd is going though or I'm going though. "Every time we do a show, you're always staring at that mosh pit and there's usually that one girl in there or a couple of girls in the middle of the mosh pit and they're very interesting. So I was thinking this is a way I could dedicate a record to the girls that go to the rock concerts and go hard. It never fails. It's kinda like a true story. It's an homage to the girls that really get in the mosh pit with the guys."In a recent interview with Flama's D-Stroy of "Left Unattended", Ice-T stated about "Manslaughter": "People have been asking me to do some music, and I haven't really been inspired to do hip hop for a while, 'cause hip hop kind of got really pop to me. But my band always wants to play, so we decided to do an album. We got signed to Sumerian Records. We finished the album. It's called 'Manslaughter'. We shot the [first] video. We did the album cover. It'll be out June 10. And it's brutal. It's brutal.""Manslaughter" track listing:01. Talk Shit, Get Shot02. Pray For Death03. 99 Problems BC04. Back To Rehab05. Manslaughter06. Get A Job07. Institutionalized 201408. Pop Bubble09. Enter The Dark Side10. Bitch In The Pit11. Black Voodoo Sex12. Wanna Be A Gangsta13. I Will Always Love YouThe "Talk Shit, Get Shot" video can be seen below. The clip was filmed on April 6 at The Morgan in Brooklyn, New York with director Frankie Nasso, who has previously worked with EMMURE and ASKING ALEXANDRIA, among others.BODY COUNT's current lineup includes guitarist Juan Garcia (a.k.a. Juan Of The Dead; AGENT STEEL, EVILDEAD), who made his live debut with the group in November 2013 at the Fun Fun Fun Fest in Austin, Texas. The band's set included first-time airings of new songs "Talk Shit, Get Shot" and the "Manslaughter" title track.BODY COUNT 2014 is:Ice-T - VocalsErnie C - Lead GuitarJuan Of The Dead - Rhythm GuitarVincent Price - BassIll Will - DrumsSean E Sean - Backup Vocals/SamplerBODY COUNT will take part in this summer's Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival, which kicks off on July 5 in San Bernardino, California.BODY COUNT's last album, "Murder 4 Hire", came out in 2006 via Escapi Music. Lyrically, the songs ranged from political ("The End Game"), personal ("You Don't Know Me [Pain]"), and religious ("The Passion Of The Christ"), to obsession ("In My Head"), armegeddon ("Dirty Bomb"), hate ("Lies") and relationships. A eulogy for fallen band member D-Roc was also included ("D Rocs [RIP]") as was a hilarious take on deep south rednecks ("Down In The Bayou"). The CD closed with "Mr. C's Theme", a show-stopping hard-rock instrumental.

bodycountmanslaughtercd.jpg

More...