Bon Jovi- The Circle sales strategy

Thanks for the heads up on this. I just purchased tickets for my wife and her sister. I have seen them a bunch of times and they put on a great show. But $306.02 for 2 tickets!!! That's just too much for me to keep going. I just let the girls go and have a fun night. But I do recommend going to see them if you have not already.
...jebus...I spend 600 four 4 days at Prog Power

I remember when JBJ first started out, with a crappy MTV video and a small fan base. Everyday folks.

Now you either have to be rich or make a real sacrifice to see them. What a shame.

I've seen them enough. So I'll wait so I can have the physical cd. They do put on a great show. 1st time was for the Slippery When Wet tour when Cinderella opened for their Night Songs cd. That ticket was only about 12 bucks. I hate to see what the Jovi tour is fetching these days.

I remember that tour coming through Knoxville, but I was way too young to attend. :erk: That's when rock stars acted, dressed and looked like rock stars. Nowadays, they simply look like the drunk fraternity kid at any university. What the heck has happened to rock n roll?

~Brian~

I'm not sure but when I went on Ticketmaster to check the Charlotte, NC show this morning, the closest tickets in the general available section were in the nosebleed area. Nothing on the floor or lower level unless you wanted to buy a VIP package.

Re: Atlanta -It gave me the nosebleeds the first seven times I tried. The eighth finally resulted in lower level seats.

Now you either have to be rich or make a real sacrifice to see them. What a shame.

That's what it tends to be like for almost any stadium act, unless you're willing to go up high and far away. That's what I did for Kiss. I wan to see them, but I'm not paying 150 + fees to see them. If only more bands could be like Pearl Jam where all tickets for their shows cost the same. The thing is unless I'm an uber fan, I'm not paying for floor for a stadium show.

The difference in this situation is that the new Bon Jovi album is not available for another week (including the download). Thus, those numbers will count towards their first week sales that the recording industry eats up.

I don't know. Package types of deals like this often exclude the sales from the rankings. So it could hurt them in terms of billboard position.

That's what it tends to be like for almost any stadium act, unless you're willing to go up high and far away. That's what I did for Kiss. I want to see them, but I'm not paying 150 + fees to see them.

Yes, this is true. However, what other stadium touring act is going to offer the option of an $18.50 ticket? I haven't seen it lately. This at least gives anyone (especially families with kids) the chance to see them. Not to mention that most bands in stadiums will offer video screens allowing anyone to see the action no matter how far back/high you are.

I've seen Bon Jovi enough through the years.....I can't afford them anymore.

One of my dream shows that'll only happen in my mind is Bon Jovi doing the first LP and 7800 degrees Fahrenhiet in their entirety. That would RULE as both of those cd's are pretty much ignored by the band (other than Runaway).....I just cranked 'em both up the other day and they both hold up really well.

7800 Fahrenheit is criminally overlooked in the "80's hard rock/metal" discussions.......

Not to mention that most bands in stadiums will offer video screens allowing anyone to see the action no matter how far back/high you are.

For me anyway, if I'm going to have to watch it on a video screen at a concert, I'd rather just get the DVD for the tour and watch it at home. I guess that's why I don't go to stadium shows anymore....

I don't know. Package types of deals like this often exclude the sales from the rankings. So it could hurt them in terms of billboard position.

I thought so too, based on when Prince did this a few years ago (Musicology album). He was the first to make buying the new album a mandatory part of the ticket purchase, and there were complaints that it gave him an unfair advantage to his chart placement.

Part of the album's chart success is due to concertgoers receiving a copy of Musicology, with the album cost included in the ticket price for the Musicology Tour. This prompted Billboard magazine and Nielsen SoundScan to change its chart data methodology: For future album releases, Billboard says that customers "must be given an option to either add the CD to the ticket purchase or forgo the CD for a reduced ticket-only price."[3]

Whether the method BJ is using makes these sales count or not, I don't know - could be a loop hole.