Bon Jovi

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Bought the new single from Richie and the boys today and noticed a couple of things that may be cause for alarm for a couple of you (most notably Spawn).

Y'see, "Everyday" is co-written by Andreas Carlsson, the bloke what co-wrote "Unbelievable" by Def Leppard (from "X"), and one of the demos, which I'm guessing are demos of songs on the new album, is co-written by Marti Frederiksen what co-wrote "Now", "You're So Beautiful" and "Everyday", also on "X".

I was quite chuffed when I noticed, but thought I should forewarn you in case there's a sudden cry of "What's with all the LOVE SONGS?" from the less open-minded of you out there in the cheap seats.

Did he? I did not know that. Maybe the demos are from the last album? *shrug*

The demos are:

Another Reason to Believe
Breathe (Frederiksen co-wrote this one)
We Can Dance

Nope, they are new ones. Richie did say they were going to try for a heavier edge to this album, so perhaps those are the ballads?

Just cos it's a lovey-dovey song doesn't make it a ballad. It has to be slow and have soppy music as well.

Exhibit A - "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" by Poison.

Case CLOSED. :)

Originally posted by Spiff

Exhibit A - "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" by Poison.

Case CLOSED. :)

:puke: :puke:

I'm think of buying the new Def Leppard.
However... If I buy X and find that even half the tracks are like this pile of horse shit I'm gonna run to fucking Brisbane, track you down, rip you a new arsehole and shove you fucking bitch fanny up ya nose you god-damned mutherfucking slacker!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Buy it Sydo, its good and catchy, just be prepared, Hair Of The Dog are Slayer compared to it :D :)

You both seem to be building this up, albiet in very different ways. :)
But you both have good track records in my opinion, so consider the album added to 'The List'. ('The List' actually exsists too)

I used to just make a mental note of what I wanted, but I'd always forget when I was at JB or Metal Mayhem.
So I write them down now :)

I'm not gonna buy "X". :)

And I hate "Every Rose Has Its Thorn". That is an example of a bad ballad imo. Good ballads to me are Never Say Goodbye, Wasted Time, I Remember You, Forever, I Still Love You, Always, November Rain, Bed Of Roses, Heaven, One Step From Paradise, Nobody's Fool, Home Sweet Home, You're All I Need, etc etc etc.

how can "X" be compared to Every Rose Has A Thorn *shakes head* the new BJ singles do have some elements that X has...very catchy these ballads have that heavy edged ballad thing happening.The album is on the razors edge of heavy for them and typical BJ.Mind you I only have heard the promotion samples.
I can't stop playing "X" and the singles...but then again "X" to me has lots of meaning behind the songs at this point in time.For instance NOW is exactly my state of mind....OK enough babling.