"Bones" sh*ts on all metal in general

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has any morbid curiosity in seeing just how distorted the general public's vision of the metal community is via a popular television show I suggest you go check out Fox.com and watch the latest episode of "Bones." The episode is called "Mayhem on a Cross" it's one of the most terrible, frustrating, and annoying things I've seen in a long time.

Enjoy.

edit: For those who don't feel like watching 44 minutes of crap, this episode is supposed to be about a "black metal" band (though they roughly sound like a 2-bit Lamb of God) killing a man. It tosses around the notion of all metalheads being freakish teenagers with unhappy childhoods. I found the entire episode to incredibly disrespectful and poorly researched...but I couldn't help but watch it like a train wreck.

I merely thought some people here might have a similar interest in checking this pile of garbage out for it's sadly humorous values.

Reminds me of those stupid documentaries they like to make about metal where they can't get a single thing right, further fueling the idiotic general public's misconceptions about it. I mean who else is going to watch it and take it seriously apart from preppy clusterfucks who have no idea about fucking anything?

I've suffered because of lame arse fucking attempts at "comedy" like that, or "Documentaries" like the ones I mentioned. OMG U LISTEN TO MUSIC MADE BBY RACISTSTSSTS or OMG THAT GUY FROM THAT BAND IS A MURDERER..OMG DEVIL WOSHIPPING....just fuck off. People are complete fucking idiots and wankers.

It tosses around the notion of all metalheads being freakish teenagers with unhappy childhoods
A shame then, that in many cases this tends to be true just as often as not. We wouldn't be the class rejects in black if we weren't having a shit time, especially with school and all that. What aggravates me even more is that an attempt at humour is being made at the expense of those who got dealt the shitty hand.

If anyone has any morbid curiosity in seeing just how distorted the general public's vision of the metal community is via a popular television show I suggest you go check out Fox.com and watch the latest episode of "Bones." The episode is called "Mayhem on a Cross" it's one of the most terrible, frustrating, and annoying things I've seen in a long time.

Enjoy.

edit: For those who don't feel like watching 44 minutes of crap, this episode is supposed to be about a "black metal" band (though they roughly sound like a 2-bit Lamb of God) killing a man. It tosses around the notion of all metalheads being freakish teenagers with unhappy childhoods. I found the entire episode to incredibly disrespectful and poorly researched...but I couldn't help but watch it like a train wreck.

I merely thought some people here might have a similar interest in checking this pile of garbage out for it's sadly humorous values.

You're Gay.

Sounds about right. Few people actually understand alternative music, so they just make assumptions on tiny clips of something they heard once (which quite often isn't even the thing they think it is).

Also reminds me of the delivery guy in Scrubs listening to 'speed metal'. Doesn't sound like speed metal to me.

And not all metalheads are off the reject pile. Some of us just enjoy the music for what it is.

meh, what do you expect. modern society doesnt want to really understand it. and we have plenty of loud mouthed idiots who make us look bad...
~gR~

hmm I guess am in the minority here, but I thought they portrayed peoples vision of extreme metal quite well, first off this seems like it was loosely based off varg killing Euro, and I enjoyed all the references, the band was trying to be kvlt in the episode, hell even one of those CIA guys said in the episode he was a death metal fan, idk I think the writers did a good job

Bones is gay. I've seen one or two decent episodes and the rest sucks. The only good parts of it are in the beginning when they show all of the ridiculous gore.

btw, federal agencies (DoD and civilian) dont have any real issue with metal music. reports about violence and metal are scarce and those that do exist reject that metal had any impact on the crime
~gR~

Nothing more pathetic than people who waste their times watching one of the major networks awful drama series. You want drama? Kill your neighbor, start a meth lab in her home, and rape a high school student on prom night. There you go, you got CSI, Bones, Law & Order, and Dawsons creek all rolled up into one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.