BOOTCAMP OPINIONS/THOUGHTS

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
So what are people's favorite Bootcamp titles they have picked up?

Just curious if there is anything else fans would like to see us try to include in the future (in regards to the older bands).

Thoughts and ideas are always welcome.

I own them all so far but, I haven't spent near enough time with all of them. Stand outs for now are Manta Ray, Weapons and Electric Age I think. Least fave so far is Inner Sanctum but, that could change with more listens. We'll see...

Would be awesome if you could get Killer Kane and Sister demos for release. Don't know why Blackie Lawless hasn't had that done already unless it's just not something he wants to do. I'm sure he has the resources to release them should he choose to do so...

Have you ever thought about going after any unreleased albums? I know that Vain and Kik Tracee both had albums that have either never been released or just bootlegged. It would be awesome to get releases of these albums with involvement from the bands. I'm sure that there are a bunch more albums in the hard rock and metal world similar to these two.

Have you ever thought about going after any unreleased albums? I know that Vain and Kik Tracee both had albums that have either never been released or just bootlegged. It would be awesome to get releases of these albums with involvement from the bands. I'm sure that there are a bunch more albums in the hard rock and metal world similar to these two.

To me it's quite strange those bands have never put the albums out themselves. Especially Davy Vain. Makes no sense to me in this day an age, which then says to me one of the following.

1) band is too difficult to work with
2) band doesn't have proper masters
3) band wants to do it themselves, but just never gets arund to it.

again, not saying anything about these two bands but more the things that run through my head when people talk about unreleased albums that have been buried for 20 years.

but back to main question, yes I love doing unreleased albums when there are proper masters.

but back to main question, yes I love doing unreleased albums when there are proper masters.

Then did you ever consider putting out Deaf Dealer's unreleased album "Journey Into Fear". Supposedly it is finished and done and was not released because of lack of label interest.

Then did you ever consider putting out Deaf Dealer's unreleased album "Journey Into Fear". Supposedly it is finished and done and was not released because of lack of label interest.

I heard it was managerial problem. Deaf Dealers' members said in Snakepit that they can't do anything, because their former manager holds all the rights and masters of the released and unreleased material and doesn't want to give the rights for their release

I heard it was managerial problem. Deaf Dealers' members said in Snakepit that they can't do anything, because their former manager holds all the rights and masters of the released and unreleased material and doesn't want to give the rights for their release

Awesome! another manager ruining things for bands 20+ years later. Dudes like that should just give up the recordings and move on with their lives already.

Nobody is getting any younger.

I was going to mention the Deaf Dealer, it was one of the ones I wanted to seek out. Maybe I should pass you over my list. HAHA
I believe there is Witchkill material that Metal Blade did not use when their EP came out, that was something else I never got around to investigating.

I was going to mention the Deaf Dealer, it was one of the ones I wanted to seek out. Maybe I should pass you over my list. HAHA
I believe there is Witchkill material that Metal Blade did not use when their EP came out, that was something else I never got around to investigating.

You mean Witchkiller? I heard some of their non-EP material and it was as good as the EP. Would love to see an unreleased/demo compilation of those guys.

Speaking of which - did anyone consider releasing the pre-album demos of Blind Illusion? There are some cool songs on there!

You mean Witchkiller? I heard some of their non-EP material and it was as good as the EP. Would love to see an unreleased/demo compilation of those guys.

Speaking of which - did anyone consider releasing the pre-album demos of Blind Illusion? There are some cool songs on there!

Don't get me wrong I would do it in a heartbeat, but....

Last edited by a moderator:

Just curious if there is anything else fans would like to see us try to include in the future (in regards to the older bands).

Well Matt ,
The whole BOOTCAMP Series is a great thought and give us the opportunity to dig on some rare stuff here. I won't mention anything in particular as all releases are of great quality , although i'm into Power Progressive genre at the most.
I read that you are planning on releasing STYGIAN "Planetary..." which is great although i believe the true gem are the band's demos , so please try on releasing these as well. I also read about ARCANE. Are we talking about the band's demos or the LP and their last E.P ?
As for any proposals , i will come on suggesting a few things here and there like the SUPERIOR ( GER ) "Moral Alliance" demo which i have just received straight from the band along with a CD-R with 6 great , unreleased songs of the perios [ search youtube as SUPERIOR(OLD) ] or another great , unknown German act GRUSADER which had 2 demos back in the 90's ( i have them original ) but they uploaded them in itunes and amazon.com. US REBELLION is another great QUEENSRYCHE type of band with 2-3 demos back in the 90's but i learned that the singer is hard to be persuaded... and several other great bands like ROYAL OAK etc. I will try to give my suggestions from time to time just in case something can be arranged. i will be glad to help myself as well.

steve

CRUSADER INFO

http://postimg.org/image/j76stcaxr/

these are all the band's songs. Try "Forgotten Dreams" in youtube or itunes , a real masterpiece for German Melodic Power Metal genre. For fans of ABRAXAS type of stuff...

SUPERIOR email address just in case you are interested in Moral Alliance demo + unreleased songs is email: oldsuperior@arcor.de ( name : Sweety )

here's a sample of the unreleased excellence

Last edited by a moderator:
I read that you are planning on releasing STYGIAN "Planetary..." which is great although i believe the true gem are the band's demos , so please try on releasing these as well. I also read about ARCANE. Are we talking about the band's demos or the LP and their last E.P ?

I am working on the STYGIAN and hopefully demos can be included however I know Stormspell is interested in the demos too.

ARCANE is the album and EP so far. I just had a beer with Byron Hawk last week and we were discussing the demos and source material is currently an issue. We may have to remix the first demo as the original reels may not be in the best shape to get converted. But years ago they converted the individual instrument tracks to digital format, but those would need to be remixed. So we are discussing with Jamie King about doing that. But we would not change anything just attempt to get the new mix similar to original demo versions with the files we have available. The second demo is on a VHS master tape so we hope to convert that soon.

What about the following :

1.DREAMSTATE - Beyond the Mirrors ( 1994 ) Excellent US Prog.Power feat. ex-POWER OF OMENS bass player
2.REBELLION ( US ) - 2 E.P.s , 1 demo and 1 full-length ( and the battle begins...) , Excellent US Power Metal ala early QUEENSRYCHE feat. the fantastic voice of Ed Snow. Keyboard player Chist ST.Pierre posted all songs in his youtube channel. This would have been the ultimate 2-CD release !
3.DREEMWICH - Fantastic US Power / Prog. E.P. and 1-2 demos , tons of material live in youtube , also a myspace page. This is also another must-have !
4. OVERTURE - 4 demos + 1 full-length. Another winner ! 4 rare to find demos ( i have most of them... ) in the classic melodic US Power Metal divine style !
5. DAYS OF YORE , the Canadian melodic Speed Metal masters ! After "The Mad God's Wage" , they released 3-4 demos ( i have the three of them ) , some of them can be found in youtube or blogs , and really kick some ass...
I guess some of the above are quite difficult to be reached / located but just in case someone can help , i believe they are trully winners !

What about the following :

1.DREAMSTATE - Beyond the Mirrors ( 1994 ) Excellent US Prog.Power feat. ex-POWER OF OMENS bass player
2.REBELLION ( US ) - 2 E.P.s , 1 demo and 1 full-length ( and the battle begins...) , Excellent US Power Metal ala early QUEENSRYCHE feat. the fantastic voice of Ed Snow. Keyboard player Chist ST.Pierre posted all songs in his youtube channel. This would have been the ultimate 2-CD release !
3.DREEMWICH - Fantastic US Power / Prog. E.P. and 1-2 demos , tons of material live in youtube , also a myspace page. This is also another must-have !
4. OVERTURE - 4 demos + 1 full-length. Another winner ! 4 rare to find demos ( i have most of them... ) in the classic melodic US Power Metal divine style !
5. DAYS OF YORE , the Canadian melodic Speed Metal masters ! After "The Mad God's Wage" , they released 3-4 demos ( i have the three of them ) , some of them can be found in youtube or blogs , and really kick some ass...
I guess some of the above are quite difficult to be reached / located but just in case someone can help , i believe they are trully winners !

Found Dreemwich bassist and sent an email. Working on tracking down the others.

Thanks again for tips. I love sleuthing for these guys!