Borknagar, Empiricism - FINALLY!

Mark

Not blessed, or merciful
Apr 11, 2001
Sarf Lundin, Innit
Yes... yes, finally it is mine... Vintersorg sounds great, of course, and the rest of the guys - the entire band! - sound brilliant. Definitely a happy purchase :)

And I found the new Anathema on the same day, so all is well! :D

Lucky bastard, I cant wait til amazon.com starts carrying it. I love The Genuine Pulse, and anything with Vintersorg is great. I WANT! hehe.

I once owned The Archaic Course from Bork. I LOVED the song "Oceans Rise" but wasn't too fond of the rest of the cd, one or two others were decent. The same goes for the album before that with "The Dawn of the End" being an Awesome song but the rest not worth listening to much. Who is the clean and black vocalist singer on these two songs? Not Vintersorg is it? I don't know much about this, I think it's the same dude who sings on Dimmu Borgir Spiritual Black Demensions. Based on this, does anyone think I should give "Empiricism" a chance? I will look for some Vintersorg mp3's to sample in the meantime.

Of course you should give Empricism a chance. The giy who sings on the OldenDomain and Archaic Course is Simen Hestnæs, and he is the same guy who plays bass and does clean vocals on Dimmu Borgir's Spiritual Black Dimensions and Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia.

You should buy the album! I downloaded some songs from the other albums, but I like Empiricism much better!! It's mainly because of the vocals, but this album sounds so much better too! You should give it a chanse :)

Originally posted by Metal88
I once owned The Archaic Course from Bork. I LOVED the song "Oceans Rise" but wasn't too fond of the rest of the cd, one or two others were decent. The same goes for the album before that with "The Dawn of the End" being an Awesome song but the rest not worth listening to much. Who is the clean and black vocalist singer on these two songs? Not Vintersorg is it? I don't know much about this, I think it's the same dude who sings on Dimmu Borgir Spiritual Black Demensions. Based on this, does anyone think I should give "Empiricism" a chance? I will look for some Vintersorg mp3's to sample in the meantime.

Garm (aka Trickster G) sang both clean and harsh (grim, metal, death, black, whatever) vocals on Borknagar and The Olden Domain.

Simen Hestnaes (aka I.C.S. Vortex) sang both clean and harsh vocals on The Archaic Course and Quintessence, and ONLY clean vocals on Dimmu Borgir's latest 2 albums.

Check out www.borknagar.com for any info on bork line ups.