Boss MT-2 mods (yeah, I know)

Nectar-and-Fuel

Stoner Doom Fanatic
Apr 11, 2009
So I got my hands on an free MT-2 and would like to modify it. The thing is, I don't have soldering equipment, and I don't want to spend money on it (the pedal). Every mod I've seen entails changing components, there don't seem to be any mods where I can just remove some stuff (by clipping the wires) to get a better sound. So I'm wondering... do any such mods actually exist, or should I just keep it for a doorstop? :)

So I got my hands on an free MT-2 and would like to modify it. The thing is, I don't have soldering equipment, and I don't want to spend money on it (the pedal). Every mod I've seen entails changing components, there don't seem to be any mods where I can just remove some stuff (by clipping the wires) to get a better sound. So I'm wondering... do any such mods actually exist, or should I just keep it for a doorstop? :)

If you clip the wires leading from the input jack to the circuit board you should see an immense improvement in tone.

...Or use the pedal for what it is. At the Gates made it work.

And anyone else remember that thread where it sounds pragmatically identical to a 5150 after CurveEQ?