Bought a new machine!

rabies

Proud IMG Guitarist!
Apr 16, 2001
Maryland USA
Visit site
All,

I'll be down for a couple days on the recording. My old machine was giving me the fits..so I bought a new one. It is due to arrive early next week. (1.8Ghz, 512MB RAM, 80GB HD, yadda yadda)

In the meantime, I wiped my old machine (after yanking the drive that has all our tunes and all my wav files from recording sessions) and installed Windows XP...and set it up for the wife....and I took her old machine, wiped it, brought up an Active Directory Controller (Running Win2k Server), so I finally have my own MS domain at the house (ya..I'm a geek).

All this means that I currently don't have a machine with my recording EQ and programs. I'll get that all online 5 hours after the machine shows up. :D I also don't have a machine set up to recieve my rabies@burn.com email in the interim. If you need my attention, post here. =)

Ok...sorry for sharing. Thanks for listening... :lol:

Woot!
Arrived yesterday. I just hooked it up and am typing this message on it. Its all black...which suits me better.

Expect better mixes from me. I went ahead and hooked up the new Harmon Kardon speakers it came with AND I left my old Altec Lansing speakers as well. This means I have 2 speaker sets and my headphones on this bad boy. Makes it easy to test a mix on a couple reference points. Next I'll probably see if i can run a cable to my stereo system as well. :D

I noticed remarkable difference between the 3 sets of speakers on our old mixes..but one thing I noticed is that Professional mixes (in this case a King's X CD) sounds good on all 3.

Enough babbling.

Hey Rabs that's great! :D

Which brand did you buy?

Which Harmon Kardon's did you get? (I have the HK695's)

I also run a cable to my sound system in my gameroom. It sounds great on my JBL studio's down there! :D

BTW- King's X sounds awesome on ANY soundsystem! :p
(Well, any system with loads of bass anyway... ;) )

Congrats!

I've had my new system for what...6months or so now, and I still am in total electronic bliss! There's nothing like it. Happiness is quality electronics, eh? :lol: