BOX SETS - who do you wish would do one?

I'm not big into box sets, but I suppose if the stuff gets remastered, it won't be bad. The Metal Church anthology and Accept would be cool ones, because their stuff needs remastering.

Bryant

Wyvern said:
Actually is a double feature. Is a huge box containing all Slayer hits too :devil:

Goddamn!! :guh: :erk:

AntonCrowley_16 said:
Im sorry....but Blaze does Afraid to Shoot Strangers a lot better then Dickinson ever could or can do, and a few others.

I think he's ok on that one. But Hallowed Be Thy Name, for example, is plain torture!

Wyvern said:
There have been some throughout the years. "Critical review: Inside Pink Floyd 1967-1974", "Critical review 1975-1996", "Echoes: The Best Of Pink Floyd", "Box 1975-1988". Still as far as I know one of the best is "Shine On" A lavish and expensive eight-CD box set of Pink Floyd's greatest hits -- which are all albums, naturally. Seven albums (A Saucerful of Secrets, Meddle, The Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall, and A Momentary Lapse of Reason) have been digitally remastered; when the eight discs are set together on the shelf, their spines form the prism and rainbow from the cover of The Dark Side of the Moon. Shine On also includes an extra disc of early singles, housed in a digipack, and a hardcover book with plenty of pictures and text.

http://ubl.artistdirect.com/nad/store/artist/album/0,,146661,00.html

Thanks Wyvern, didn't know they so many box sets out since I never get to see any. I'll try to check some out :p

wdiv said:
Another reason I hate box sets...

Take the Led Zeppelin box set, where Jimmy Page decided that he would shuffle around all of the tracks, which is just utter blasphemy! I grew up on Zeppelin, and if I'm in a Zeppelin III - type of mood, I want to listen to Zeppelin III straight thru. I don't want to hear the songs all shuffled up. Hell, they even split up Heart Breaker & Living Loving Maid on the box set, and those songs are practially married on the original album.

Oddly enough, this is the one reason that makes me LOVE the Zep box so much! I wish ALL boxes/greatest hits would be mixed, rather than in simple chrono order.....it makes the songs so much more
exciting, almost "new"