Boycott UM...

wwallinga

Working on #3
Jan 26, 2004
NH/ME Border
...until you go to the concert.

Chill out - I'm not really trying to boycott the forum. But - if you are planning to go to one of the US shows - stop coming here until after your show.

Why?

If you see the setlist, you will not enjoy the concert as much!

I knew the setlist before I saw them last time. When they started in with "The Moor" I was thinking - yeah, I knew that was gonna happen. The guy next to me obviously didn't know ahead of time and he was happier than a pig in shit.

So - I repeat - stay away. Just a bit of friendly advice...

No, he's referring to the last tour. I think it's pretty doubtful they'll play it again. I don't think people need to boycott the forum, but they need to be careful about what threads they read.

You can also strongly count on:

The Baying of the Hounds
Deliverance
Demon of the Fall
Blackwater Park
The Grand Conjuration
In my time of Need
To Rid the Disease
and possibly... Beneath the Mire...

And now... go learn all the lyrics by heart!

i saw opeth in march of 2001. i was surprised/excited/happy then.

seeing them for the 7th or 8th time this coming sunday...REGARDLESS of setlist will just be fun and enjoyable. i cant get "happier than a pig in shit" over a metal band after the 7th time seeing them.

Actually, given some recent postings, it seems the setlist is changing a bit, which is cool. I've been interested to know what they'll play live, and I don't think knowing the setlist will ruin it for me, because, frankly, anything they play will kick ass. Besides, I'd like to be able to sing along, so I'll need to study! ;)

When I saw Iron Maiden the first time, I really didn't want to know the setlist. By the second time I saw them, I didn't really care. Basically, if you've listened to a Maiden live CD, you know what they're going to play. No surprises. I was actually kind of disappointed the 2nd time (how many times do I have to hear the song Iron Maiden? It's not even that good...besides, Paul was way better on that than Bruce...but I digress). I don't get that sense with Opeth... but we'll see. I'll see them for the first time in a few weeks. I can't wait!!!