Bradford 15th July?

matt1985

New Metal Member
May 13, 2006
www.myspace.com
Apparently this is when its been resheduled for according to Bradford Rio.

Can anyone confirm this? Especially after the fiasco last time.

I have a ticket from the '1st' booking with Onslaught. Obviously not Testaments fault what happened in that instance. So where do we stand now?

This one for real?

Ladies & Gentlemen, lets NOT get our panties in a twist this time...

Wait until it's confirmed officially on the Testament Website. Once again, I fear we may be hit with a crock of shit, as these local promoters tend to book the shows before confirming it with the bands management.

I honestly, wouldn't get your hopes up for this, as I'd be 95% certain it won't actually happen... if it did, my faith in inhumanity would be restored.

My mate that actually ordered the tickets for the aforementioned earlier gig has received an email from the promoter 'confirming' the gig. Ooooh, this is dragging now.

There is an advert in this months metal hammer with the 14th July - Islington Academy, 15th Bradford, 16th Dudley. When I type Testament into Wayahead and Aloud.com, it comes up with a London date for the 17th but nothing else. SSE= very confused.

New dates posted are

July 12 - Key Club, Hollywood, CA
July 13 - Galaxy Theatre, Santa Ana, CA

so the London, Bradford and Dudley dates look unlikly

Tyler Durden said:
Ladies & Gentlemen, lets NOT get our panties in a twist this time...

Wait until it's confirmed officially on the Testament Website. Once again, I fear we may be hit with a crock of shit, as these local promoters tend to book the shows before confirming it with the bands management.

Thanks for typing out what I was thinking. As for what happened with the dates in June - Chuck explains:

Chuck Billy's post, 6/08/06

At the bottom of Chuck's post there's a link to the Artists Worldwide Booking Agency. When you click the tour dates tab on that section, it takes you straight to pollstar.com

I put in a search for Testament & found this...

http://www.pollstar.com/tour/search...=All&PSKey=Y&StartSearch.x=9&StartSearch.y=13

It's still NOT OFFICIAL confirmation, but I think it's the best we're ever gonna get in the meantime...

In all honesty, I think this is going to be cancelled - with Bloodstock Open Air being on the same weekend, it's pretty bad timing to organise a last minute Testament show at the same time...

Well, its looking like we've shit out again.

Can't these venues/promoters have action taken against them because, after all, its them and not the band/their management/website that have been spouting out this shit. A friends of mine is into £80 worth of tickets that are useless.

Sorry to add to the confusion somewhat, but I received a phonecall today from Ticketline (who I ordered my Bradford Rio's tickets from), they informed me that the date of this show has been changed yet again to, Tuesday 25th July.

It's still all up in the air as there's still no Official Confirmation on the Testament website, however I was sent the following MySpace bulletin by Mr. Skolnick (so I guess it may be more positive than negative, take from it what you will...) -

13 Jun 2006 14:49
Subject: From Alex's Laptop...
Body: Hey everyone-Thanks to all who came and made our recent AST shows in Cleveland, Albany and NYC so special (despite us not getting this newsletter out in time). We have some exciting shows coming up including the Riverbend festival this week. Speaking of Festivals, just back from Milan, Italy where Testament played at the Gods Of Metal; line up included GunsnRoses, Def Leppard, Motorhead, Whitesnake, Korn, Venom, Down and many more. It was a lot of fun. Also, had a blast co-hosting with VH1/VH1 Classics Eddie Trunk on his weekly radio show last Friday (one again, sorry we couldnt get this out in time to announce beforehand). Thanks Eddie for having me on to hang, discuss upcoming plans, spout my opinion on all sorts of music/pop culture topics. We even jointly interviewed Kerry King of Slayer who called in.
I thought Id answer a couple of questions that keep coming up, so if interested, they can be found the news items. Looking forward to seeing many of you out there this Summer!

Alex

PS Are we friends yet? Visit AST on myspace: www.myspace.com/alexskolnicktrio
As always, our website with message board, complete show info, directions etc..etc.. is www.alexskolnick.com

ALEX SKOLNICK TRIO NEWS:

AST TOUR THIS WEEK. JOINING ALLMAN BROS., DEREK TRUCKS & MORE @ RIVERBEND FESTIVAL, FRI. JUNE 16

Following dates in Vienna, Va. and Chapel Hill, NC, AST will be featured at this years annual Riverbend Festival in Chattanooga Tenn., on the Budweiser Stage. Other performers this year include: the Allman Bros.Band, Los Lonely Boys, Angie Stone, Derek Trucks, Oteil Burbridge And The Peacemakers, Hank Williams Jr., Al Di Meola, Zen Tricksters and many more. For more info: http://www.riverbendfestival.com/front.htm

June dates:

06/13/06 Jammin Java E. Vienna, Va.
06/14/06 Local 506 Chapel Hill, NC
06/16/06 Riverbend Festival Chattanooga, Tenn.

AST TOUR WITH DAVID ELLEFSON (ex-MEGADETH), AND MARC RIZZO (SOULFLY) IN JULY

AST is proud to join forces with Dave Ellefson, best know as bassist of Megadeth in the 80s and 90s. His new band F5 released their debut album in Sep. 05, and a video for the single Dissidence has been airing on MTV2. Also on the bill is Soulflys Marc Rizzo, one of the new breeds of young guitarists whose solo project displays deep musical roots in metal, classical and flamenco guitar.

July dates (with D. Ellefson, M. Rizzo):

07/06/06 The Haunt Ithaca, NY
07/07/06 Revolution Hall Troy, NY
07/08/06 Starland Ballroom Sayreville, NJ
07/09/06 The Crazy Donkey Farmingdale, NY
07/10/06 Jaxx Springfield, Va
07/11/06 TBA

TESTAMENT TO TOUR WEST COAST & EUROPE IN JULY

Testament will be on tour in the US from July 12-16 and in Europe from July 21-29. There are many other dates being added right now, so please check www.testamentlegions.com for updated info.

July Testament dates (many more TBA)
07/12/06 Key Club Hollywood, Ca
07/13/06 Galaxy Theater Santa Ana, Ca
07/21/06 Earthshaker Fest Rieden, Germany
07/22/06 Metalcamp Tolmen, Slovenia

ALEX CO-HOSTS FRIDAY NIGHT ROCKS WITH EDDIE TRUNK ON Q104 06/09

(Courtesy, www.eddietrunk.com/radio)

Great show last night with the perfect balance of music, talk, calls, giveaways, interviews and more. Comic Don Jaimison hung out for the first hour, and Testament/TSO guitarist Alex Skolnick co-hosted the entire show. Alex informed everyone that he is now 100% back as the lead guitarist for Testament and has many other cool projects in the works. Also thanks to Slayer's Kerry King who called in live from Slayer rehersal for the upcoming tour.

F.A.Q. AND ANSWER:

Is Testament working on a new album?

Yes. Ive been writing ideas for it and so have the other guys. Its too soon to guess when but rest assured were on board and want to make the best album we can. Its not going to happen overnight, but it will happen.

Is AST working on a new album? Will it be more arrangement of rock classics?

Yes. Weve been road testing new songs and finding some new directions. Again, were not going to rush the process, but its coming together really well so far. Our next album will focus mostly on original songs, but contain a few of our revamped classics.

Is it strange going back and forth from jazz to metal? Which is harder?

I always thought I had to be limited to one genre, but Im finding that not to be true at all. I still have to devote more practice time to jazz because its newer to me. But its not as strange as I thought it would be. Ive had some of the best shows Ive ever had recently in both genres.

Why dont these newsletters come more often? When should I expect them?

We dont want to burden you with an e-mail everytime something comes up. Its more trouble for us and more cyber clutter for you, so wed rather just send one big announcement covering the next few months. As far as when to expect it, there is no set time. Often, we are waiting on confirmations and dont want to announce anything prematurely. Also we may wait until we have more info to include. All of this affects the timing of the newsletters. In general, we try to get these out about once every season.

How was Korea?

Had an amazing time. They went crazy for the show (Jekyll & Hyde). A highlight for me was the food. Im a maniac for spicy foods, and I loved it all, kim chee, kim bop, Korean Bbq. Best of all, there is a dish there called Buldak or Fire Chicken which is the hottest thing Ive ever eaten (at least as a main course). Mmmmmmm.

Are you growing your hair back?

(I know I addressed this last time, but it keeps coming up; I wont discuss it next time, I promise!).
Well, yes and no, Ive done the short hair think for a long time now and its time for a change. No, Im not trying to recreate my late 80s look, but yes, I am trying it a little longer than its been in recent years. So far, I think Ill keep it where it is.

Good post, Tyler!

I too, got an email from Ticketweb, who also are putting forth the July 25th date...

:)