BRAINSTORM: Scary Creatures

This is a good Brainstorm release, but for the life of me I don't understand the Nevermore comparisons that get attached to this band. They are inferior in every way possible to Nevermore. And the guy sounds nothing like WD at all. And the guitar playing sounds nothing like Jeff Loomis or any of the previous Nevermore guitarists. It's bizarre to see everyone saying how closely related these bands are.

Last edited:
I think the Nevermore comparisons come from their Metus Mortis era, when they were a dark power metal bands with some thrashy elements. Ultimately, I agree with you, there are almost no similarities between the two bands.

It's typical Brainstorm, which means it's solid not outstanding. Been a fan since the beginning- their best work was in the Metus Mortis, Soul Temptation era. Btw- the section in "We Are" when the kids are singing totally ruins that track. Just sayin'......

I have enjoyed all Brainstorm releases, and agree on Nevermore comparison but on an opossite way, I like Brainstorm much better than Nevermore, Sanctuary was the real deal and Nevermore for ME, just my oppinion was boring and never really cared about this band.