BREAKING RUMORS: AC/DC to call it quits?

Sad news. They had to bow out eventually but very sad it's not on their terms.

Absolute legends.

Damn shame about Malcolm, but they had 40 great years. One of the most successful rock bands in history, millions of albums sold, sold out world tours, and inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. No shame in calling it quits. They really have nothing left to prove and they ended on top. The Black Ice tour was a huge success. I'm just glad I had the chance to see them.

I just read that the band will carry on with their plans without Malcolm, at least for the time being.

Edited to add, I just saw SD's post.

If this is the case, I really wish they wouldn't record new material without Malcolm. Just go out on a farewell tour and call it a day. As I said earlier, they have nothing left to prove.

That being said, I would of course buy a new AC/DC album. I'm weak like that.:p

I never really got into them musically but I wish Malcolm the best and he should do what's best for him and his health, as stated by you guys before they have nothing left to accomplish.

Will be interesting what locations the 40 shows will be. I kinda stopped listening to them since Razors Edge album, great solid album and saw them back in 2000 for Stiff Upper Lip, Slash's Snakepit opened for them

I'm one of the few Aussies who never really got into AC/DC though I have nothing but immense respect for them.

Malcolm for me is the heart and soul of that band (songwriting wise) despite not getting the media spotlight that Bryan, his brother Angus and also the late Bon Scott get . He is to Acca Dacca what Jeff was to Slayer IMO.

I'm one of the few Aussies who never really got into AC/DC though I have nothing but immense respect for them.

Malcolm for me is the heart and soul of that band (songwriting wise) despite not getting the media spotlight that Bryan, his brother Angus and also the late Bon Scott get . He is to Acca Dacca what Jeff was to Slayer IMO.

I think that's exactly the case.