BRET MICHAELS' 'Vocalizer' Helps You Expand And Maintain Your Vocal Abilities

DuchessOfDork

Feb 9, 2009
Blabbermouth Link

With over 25 years in the entertainment business, POISON's Bret Michaels has spent most of his life depending on his vocal cords in one way or another.

Bret Michaels has created the "Vocalizer", a series of explanations and exercises to help you expand and maintain your vocal abilities. Whether you're a karaoke singer, public speaker, radio DJ, or rock star, there's something in the "Vocalizer" for everyone. The singing exercises are divided into four sections: Bass, Tenor, Alto, and Soprano, and range from non-pitch-specific warm-ups to interval-based singing exercises.

I'm just gonna leave this here...

Awesome! I always wanted to learn how to sing the National Anthem out of key!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhQGlp2l9Is&[/ame]

You know how you get that weird feeling of embarrassment for someone, and you just can't bear to watch?..........go ahead and apply that to the above video.

He should seriously come out with a video on how to successfully reinvent himself.
Oh that's right!!! Just add bandana and humility!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That being said, I was always jealous that at least on TV, he got to make out with Jess:
jes_red_3.jpg

All of which raises a (potentially) serious question: if I wanted to become a death metal vocalist, are there voice trainers that can help me find a way to do it consistently and sustainably, where I'm not gonna barf on the punters on the rail?

All of which raises a (potentially) serious question: if I wanted to become a death metal vocalist, are there voice trainers that can help me find a way to do it consistently and sustainably, where I'm not gonna barf on the punters on the rail?

Melissa Cross has a DVD called "The Zen of Screaming" which is basically about techniques for screamers that help protect their vocal chords.

I have seriously heard this is actually very effective for touring singers who scream.

Last edited by a moderator:
Melissa Cross has a DVD called "The Zen of Screaming" which is basically about techniques for screamers that help protect their vocal chords.

Awesome DVD by the way. I wish I still had my copy but I gave it as a gift to a friend who is in a band and would use it much more than I did.

I can't say his name though, otherwise Jasonic will complain. ;) :lol:

In all seriousness, if you guys want a really (and I mean really) good training course for your vocals, check out Brett Manning's Singing Success. Fantastic stuff.

In all seriousness, if you guys want a really (and I mean really) good training course for your vocals, check out Brett Manning's Singing Success. Fantastic stuff.

Thanks. I've looked into these various programs/courses before but always hesitant because you don't know if it is legitimately good. I want to learn how to sing adequately for various reasons. Don't need to be great, just capable. At $200 it seems to be a reasonable amount.