Brett: revoice, worth it?

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
I love vocalign (one of the plugs I wouldn't wanna live without anymore), now I'm thinking about upgrading to revoice (I'm using vocalign project 3 atm)....
But that "stand alone only" thing is turning me off big time.

Not being able to do it on the fly within pro tools would disrupt my workflow SIGNIFICANTLY, what are your experiences, still worth it?

But isn't vocalign 3 project also an audiosuite plugin in available within PT? If not is the version 4 an audiosuite version? Going fulltime with my studio next year and i postponed the purchase of Vocalign for far too long but i want it in Audiosuite!!!

Yeah, vocalign is an audio suite, revoice is stand alone.
And as jangoux has also said, that can be an absolute deal breaker.
Vocalign is so easy and quick to use within PT, it's awesome.
Make selection on lead track, capture, move selection down with one keyboard stroke, capture, process, done.
Takes literally 2-3 secs.
If I now have to start exporting shit, and then reimporting it into pt, that'd disrupt my entire workflow

Yeah the workflow isn't as good as with VocAlign and if aligning growls it doesn't make much of a difference sound wise, but the AudioSuite wrapper works nicely and when aligning clean singing or creating a double take it´s unbeatable. Only difference is that when you "capture" through the wrapper it sends the audio to the standalone application (which has to be opened) and not to an AudioSuite window. I think I'll live with it. Try out the demo version and see if you can too. I almost wanted to purchase it separately and not as an upgrade just to keep VocAlign Pro's licence and not surrender it, which is an annoying concept to me.