Brighton metal gigs...

Ultima Ibanez Overlord

-=The Dude Abides=-
Mar 17, 2002
999 letsby avenue
www.mp3.com
A band I'm playing guitar in for a while (Subsist) have some gigs coming up in Brighton. The band are extremely heavy and play something like Pantera and Slayer with some other influences.
The first gig we'll do will be at Scream, a really good venue, on the 11th of April. If anyone's interested in coming along, PM me and I'll give out a free ticket and details of where.

We'll be gigging at the Concorde II (another really good venue) in May and at The Portland Rock Bar (a pretty decent venue, too) later in May.

We'll need people there to cheer us on, so I'd be really glad if anyone can make it.
I know it's desperately sad to beg for people to come like this, but new bands need support and I'm not too proud to ask for it.

The band's site will be online soon, too :)

I may well be able to see the gigs in May :) Got a mate moving down there shortly, so it'll be a good excuse to go and visit ;)

Do you have many venues in Brighton that are metal friendly? Many metal bands/fans?

someone (ages ago...can't remember who:err:) suggested that the scene in brighton is really cool but it's very hard to get gigs if you're unsigned or from outside the area...any thoughts?

There are a few heavy bands who get gigs regularly. There's a couple of venues, the Freebutt, the Concorde, the Portland Rockbar, but these venues host almost any music.

It's certainly not the UK's strongest spot for metal. I wouldn't even say it's a good spot for metal. It's great for Indy, if you like that kind of nonsense.
But there's a small scene here, and hopefully, it'll grow.

Lee

Subsist, the band I'm playing with, are confirmed for The Portland Rock Bar on May 28th, Scream Studios June 15th, and some time in May we'll be at the Concorde II (awaiting confirmation date), but we'll be there as part of some all day thing, so it's not really "our" gig.

Be fantastic if anyone can make it to any of those.

Hey Spellbound... Hope you made it along. Subsist played for 30 minutes and seemed to have got the best reaction of the night. We pulled in more punters than the headliners! A triumph for metal!!

Next gig is at The Freebutt in central Brighton. If anyone fancies coming along some brutal thrash and perhaps the odd cover of a true classic ;) do pop in and catch us. We're the first band on for this night, so best to be there for 8pm.
We'd appreciate a metal audience here as I think the ground is gonna be thin on metal fans at this gig.

Support local Metal!!

Freebutt is a really nice venue to play for sound. The stage is uber-small, though.
Our gig went really well there; lots of metallers turned out in support, and most of the audience sang along to our version of Master of Puppets. We since played at the covetted Pressure Point and are set to play there 2 more times; 18th July as main support for My Device and again on August 11th for Kubrik. We've also got a really cool booking for a show in December, a christmas season-show of metal!!

Again, any support is always welcome.

We have a decent website just about to be put online in a few days. There's already a bad html site up. Both can be found at
www.subsistweb.tk

We'll try to include as many local metal events on the site as possible, so it might be worth checking just for that!

I know this thread is from the stoneage, but I'm from eastbourne and I would like to see more metal in Brighton too! Will be going to see Negura/Ephel in a few days which will be my first.

Maybe this could be a good thread to discuss upcoming shows etc? Surely still some of you Brighton guys around? :D

Hello

I'm a metal, special true/heavy/power metal fan from switzerland. I will stay with our class for 2 weeks in brighton-hove. There are no other metaller in my class, and I want to know interesting people from your local metal scene. I have no idea where exactly i'll stand. But I'll have enought free time to live the heavy metal culture :D

I'll stand there from 27/4/08 to 10/5/08. So can you recommend any metalbars, pubs or whatever, and perhaps some gigs from local bands?

greetz from switzerland

ps: (sorry for my bad english^^)

I will admit Brighton is pretty rubbish for the music scene we defiantly need more metal bands down here

Would be great to get this thread going only. Just joined this Forum and live in Brighton. Interested in seeing live bands locally.
Shame that the Doomsday Fest planned for the weekend 4th and 5th June 2022 at the Concorde 2 in Brighton iis not going ahead but two related events -Diablery ( from Greece) + support at the Green Door Store, Friday 3rd June and Alunah + support on Sunday 5th June at the Hope and Ruin . More details, links to tickets etc, at Doosday Fest Facebook page.